Objectivism Online Forum

2020 Democratic Candidates

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, whYNOT said:

You threw a conservative into the mix. From one of the rare conservative channels, Fox. Why didn't you add e.g. Anderson or Lemon instead? Then I'd reckon the three are closer to ideological consistency. 

That was on purpose. Hannity is part of the big media that you are talking about, but he is clearly not part of the left. An example of how the left is non-monolithic, since you would be leaving out the huge portion of the media that operates the same way as CNN. I almost said Anderson, but I wanted somebody more distinct from Clinton. 

Clinton is really just a left-leaning neoliberal, and not like Chomsky or Hannity. 

Chomsky is definitively a leftist anarchist, and not like Clinton or Hannity. He hates big media like Fox and CNN and NYT, and ideologically opposed to Clinton.

Basically, the monolithic left isn't nearly as big as you think. You are just thinking of left-leaning neoliberals (which would be Clinton and CNN). I wouldn't call that a monolith.

Edited by Eiuol

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Eiuol said:

That was on purpose. Hannity is part of the big media that you are talking about, but he is clearly not part of the left. An example of how the left is non-monolithic, since you would be leaving out the huge portion of the media that operates the same way as CNN. I almost said Anderson, but I wanted somebody more distinct from Clinton. 

Clinton is really just a left-leaning neoliberal, and not like Chomsky or Hannity. 

Chomsky is definitively a leftist anarchist, and not like Clinton or Hannity. He hates big media like Fox and CNN and NYT, and ideologically opposed to Clinton.

Basically, the monolithic left isn't nearly as big as you think. You are just thinking of left-leaning neoliberals (which would be Clinton and CNN). I wouldn't call that a monolith.

You may split hairs over the fine differences, fact remains the new Leftists are in it together, recognise each other and are intellectually/politically visible to one another if not actually connected or colluding.

It's harder to see the "monolith" when it is this colossal, and been slowly growing all around one. They've "swept the board". As consequence, the moderate Conservatives may appear to be FAR right and "Fascist" in contrast. (And we see, are dishonestly slandered in those terms, by the left).

So at different levels, many university profs, the media moguls and many politicians and billionaires have the same progressivist ideal: a universal utopia ("good" for us all, like it or not) is their vision. Into that mix will come all the agendas which the Left  e.g. environmentalism, egalitarianism, globalism, craves. All that's needed now is the populist power and control.

"Conspiracy theory!" Some will say. Not when it's ideologically integrated and overtly articulated - it is a philosophy. 

Here's THE great opportunity to introduce and force this Leftist agenda. In the global chaos after the coronavirus.

Edited by whYNOT

Such limited vision. Think monumental, Eioul. Observe the causal connections.

Others are planning mankind's future. They say so; believe them. It's your mind they want.

Edited by whYNOT