Objectivism Online Forum

Author Bat Ye'or

Rate this topic

theradical

Has anyone read any books by Bat Ye'or and can anyone comment on the quality of her works? I am in the process of reading Eurabia: The Euro-Arab Axis by her and it's fascinating reading. Her thesis is that European top politicians have for three decades worked to form a new superpower of Europe and the Middle East countries, Eurabia, which is now taking shape. It involves the securing of Middle East oil for Europe. In return Europe is supporting Arab political aims (destruction of Israel) and accepting the gradual Islamization of Europe.

theradical

I never heard of her.

All I can tell you is that Bat Ye'Or is Hebrew for Daughter of the Nile.

Cool :D. Yes, she was born in Egypt. For those interested, more info about her and her works can be found at Dhimmis and Dhimmitude.

She's done a lot of research regarding the brutal conditions of non-Muslims living under shari'a rule. It is a sobering account and one I find more believable--given what little I know of history and the behaviour of Islamic fundamentalists today-- than the Religion of Peace-version.

theradical

Except that as we see in the Netherlands, Europe is not growing to accept Islamic culture. This is also evident in the difficulty of accepting Turkey into the EU, In France's Anti-Religious Display law, and with the lobby in the EU arguing for a recognition of "Christian Culture".

Europeans may have questionable Middle Eastern policies, but hardly "Eurabia".