Objectivism Online Forum

Interesting Observation Regarding Member's Ages

Rate this topic

Why hasn't anyone suggested that one of the reasons so many young people are on this forum is that Objectivist culture is growing? If I missed it, I apologize.

At least one of my friends is now an Objectivist, and some others are familiar with and agree with many of Ayn Rand's ideas. We were friends prior to our familiarity with Objectivism, and we learned about it separately.

I've also met young Objectivists at a local coffee shop. Some people I didn't believe, but a few seemed sincere. This is quite an accomplishment outside of an academic setting, especially considering that I grew up in a place as small as Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Again, my personal experience leads me to believe that, while other factors may contribute to the lack of age in the forums, Objectivism is growing. As with any philosophy or creed, growth starts with the young. I would be willing to wager that it's due to the efforts of the Ayn Rand Institute and other New Intellectuals. I am 21, and though I haven't started college yet, I plan on being one of those "New Intellectuals."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hasn't anyone suggested that one of the reasons so many young people are on this forum is that Objectivist culture is growing? If I missed it, I apologize.

Fortunately you are right about the reason. I consider that to be one of the few positive signs for the future. If you want various news about progress being made culturally I suggest subscribing to Betsy Speicher's Cybernet, here.