Objectivism Online Forum

Another Newbie

Rate this topic

Hello Objectivism Online.

This introduction is a little overdue. I’ve actually been a member for a couple of months, but I never seemed to do anything but read. Finally, I started posting today. I decided its time to take a little more proactive approach to membership.

I’m a twenty year old male currently closing on my year mark in the Air Force, where I fix broken F-15s all day. Definitely keeps me busy for at least nine hours a day. I don’t actually have my own computer, so I don’t get to enjoy the forums as often as I like. I do spend a good bit of time here when ever I get the chance to use some one else’s.

I got introduced to Objectivism by my good friend from high school, Chris Davis. It was definitely a good experience. It was like finding a name for the things I always felt. He recommended the works of Ayn Rand, which I am still in the process of devouring, and sent me the link to this site. Objectivism Online has been a great find. I’m stationed on Tyndall AFB in Panama City, Florida. I’ve been here for five months and haven’t found any like minded people, or even very many rational people, for that matter. So, this site has definitely been quite a relief. Thanks for existing.

Lance J. Abbe

Welcome to the forum, Lance! I actually have an uncle in the navy that repairs helicopters that's stationed in Panama City, though he and I don't share any significant character traits whatsoever. Fixing F-15s? What sections? I'm an aerospace engineer, though I'm more on the rocket side of things. Either way, I look forward to reading your posts.

I have the dubious honor of trouble shooting and repairing radar and all other avionics systems on jets that never seem to stay fixed long enough to get off the ground again. It’s a fun job. I do actually love it, though