Objectivism Online Forum

Replying to Posts

Rate this topic

If you mean a threaded newsgroup-style format, yes, I've thought of it, and it's coming in a forum update next month. However, I don't see the need for it. If you want to reply to a specific post, you can quote it in your reply.

Personally, I prefer this flat style to a newsgroup style bbs. It makes conversations easier to follow. However, a good compromise (not really a compromise, though) is to use the Yahoo! style - each post will have a "reply to this" button, say, and each post will have a note at the bottom saying "in reply to post #XX"; the default view will still be flat, in chronological order of posts, but the user has the option of viewing the forum as a tree of subject-line links. (That of course would necessitate adding a subject line.)

"Personally, I prefer this flat style to a newsgroup style bbs. It makes conversations easier to follow. However, a good compromise (not really a compromise, though) is to use the Yahoo! style - each post will have a "reply to this" button, say, and each post will have a note at the bottom saying "in reply to post #XX"; the default view will still be flat, in chronological order of posts, but the user has the option of viewing the forum as a tree of subject-line links. (That of course would necessitate adding a subject line.) "

Yeah, something like that was what I had in mind.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.