Objectivism Online Forum

Spring Cleaning

Rate this topic

This is an announcement of the fact that I am about to start a cleanup project to merge redundant threads and move things where they ought to be.

I will probably also be deleting some posts. They will go in the Trash Can like everything else that gets deleted.

If you have any questions/comments or suggestions, please contact me via PM.

I apologize in advance if this question is unrelated to your announcement. I'm asking because you are a moderator and I'd like to get the answer in public.

The threads "Stolen Concepts" and "Quantification in Objectivism" were closed recently without comment. May I ask why? I was hoping to reply in "Stolen Concepts".

It would be helpful if the moderator who closes a thread posts the reasons why.

It might also be helpful to list all of the threads subsumed by a merge in the initial post of the merged thread.

I apologize in advance if this question is unrelated to your announcement. I'm asking because you are a moderator and I'd like to get the answer in public.

The threads "Stolen Concepts" and "Quantification in Objectivism" were closed recently without comment. May I ask why? I was hoping to reply in "Stolen Concepts".

It would be helpful if the moderator who closes a thread posts the reasons why.

It might also be helpful to list all of the threads subsumed by a merge in the initial post of the merged thread.

I think GreedyCapitalist closed those threads (he's an Admin, and the operator of this forum, if you were not aware). He informed me that he'd closed the "Competition" thread because the discussion wasn't going anywhere. I think he also is trying to look for ways to clean up a bit.

I was thinking about listing merged threads, unfortunately due to the way the merge works the posts are always sorted in chronological order. So the "initial" post becomes the LAST one.

There were THREE threads entitled simply "Determinism" that got subsumed by my merging, and many of them are the same. David (GC) keeps backups of the forum as far as I understand. I can give him a list of the topic numbers in case it becomes important.

• 3 months later...
I will probably also be deleting some posts.  They will go in the Trash Can like everything else that gets deleted.

If you have any questions/comments or suggestions, please contact me via PM.

I realize it's a tad past fall, but would it be possible to request a specific thread/post be deleted? My reasons are as follows:

1) There were no responses.

2) I am the original author.

3) The post contains an unabridged copy of an academic paper (written by me) and I would like to ensure it is not plagarized at a later date.

4) The post is about 9 months old.

If so, I would greatly appreciate the removal.

http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showtopic=2708

• 1 month later...

I have noticed lots of quoting going on that I think is either unnecessary or unnecessarily long. Therefore, to improve the readability of the site, I will be removing or editing quotes. For now, I am going to stick to the more egregious violations, such as quoting an entire post from directly above. Any questions or concerns, let us know.

[Edit: Many thread titles are not helpful, so I will also be editing some of them for clarity.]

Edited by Groovenstein