Objectivism Online Forum

Fanaticism, Theocracy, And Jingoistic Thinking

Rate this topic

edward j williamson

This is exactly the type of person Ben Franklin was speaking about when he coined that famous quote, "Those who would trade a freedom for security deserve neither freedom or security." Read this entire thread. More proof that religion and rationality are diametrically opposed. I say those folks could use a good amount of commentary on their thread, as well as some discussion over here.-EW

http://www.hannity.com/forum/showthread.ph...08&page=1&pp=10

Can't you not help but laugh about it? Obviously this is some biblepunk kid who has little knowledge of how the world works, so he clings to the authority, in a sort of Kolbergian 4th tier of ethics.

This is nothing, I have seen communists do the same thing, only with their communist agenda. These are the people I laugh at.

This is exactly the type of person Ben Franklin was speaking about when he coined that famous quote, "Those who would trade a freedom for security deserve neither freedom or security."

What makes you think this person (and "jingoists" in general) wants to TRADE freedom for security? Can a person not want BOTH freedom AND security? In fact, aren't freedom from terrorists and security from terrorists covariant, if not equivalent?

When you say "freedom," do you mean freedom for moral Americans to live and produce, or freedom for terrorists to plot, train, and self-detonate? The two are mutually exclusive.