Objectivism Online Forum

Went To Ozzfest On Friday

Rate this topic

studentofobjectivism

Unbelievable!!! Ozzfest was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Anyone ever been? Jada Pinkett Smith's band "Wicked Wisdom" was there and they were horrible.

I truly enjoyed my heroes of metal Iron Maiden. The three-guitar classical harmonized solos were ridiculously great!

Ozzy was in his best form and mooned everyone :D! To just hear those first earth-shattering chords to "Iron Man" and "Black Sabbath" ring out was amazing.

The only bad thing: Bands whose vocalists' scream are NOT cool. If only those bands could find REAL vocalists.

P.S. I don't need to hear a lecture on how metal is evil and doesn't coincide with the Objectivist aesthetics. I enjoy listening to neo-classical metal. When I feel the double-bass drum pounding in my chest I am just uplifted to heights I can't even describe.

I truly enjoyed my heroes of metal Iron Maiden. The three-guitar classical harmonized solos were ridiculously great!

Ozzy was in his best form and mooned everyone :D! To just hear those first earth-shattering chords to "Iron Man" and "Black Sabbath" ring out was amazing.

I love Iron Maiden and I have 13 albums by them and 16 by another band, who turn up at the Ozzfest, whose name escapes me..... :D

I love Iron Maiden and I have 13 albums by them and 16 by another band, who turn up at the Ozzfest, whose name escapes me..... :D

:D I was thinking about you when I started this thread. I thought you might like Ozzy. :D

Maiden's and Sabbath's sets were only about an hour long which annoyed the hell out of me. They should have played for at least 2 hours each. Black Label Society was also good as well.

By the way, which Sabbath singer do you think is best: Ozzy, Dio, or Martin? (Better not say Martin or you're gonna catch a beatin'! :ninja::D )

:D I was thinking about you when I started this thread. I thought you might like Ozzy. :D

Maiden's and Sabbath's sets were only about an hour long which annoyed the hell out of me. They should have played for at least 2 hours each. Black Label Society was also good as well.

By the way, which Sabbath singer do you think is best: Ozzy, Dio, or Martin? (Better not say Martin or you're gonna catch a beatin'! :ninja::D )

Dio is the better singer, hands down, and he's still in great voice. A long time since that could be said of Ozzy. :D At least Dio is still about the music. B)

I've got 3 Martin Albums, 2 Dio studio ones plus 1 live and all 8 Ozzy ones plus the couple of official live albums.

You'll need to have been using a heavy duty course to give me a beating btw :D

I just watched Dio's Evil or Divine. I couldn't believe how good it was! Stopped following him after Sacred Heart. After watching his on stage dragon slaying, and listening to Claude Schnell's keyboard solo, even as a high schooler, I thought Dio was done for. Wow, was I wrong.

As far as sense of life goes, I always thought Dio was writing irony. Don't talk to Strangers as his warning against suppressing risk, dressed up in an old parental bromide. Heaven and hell is anything but about the "physical places". I always thought of Dio and Maiden as conceptual poetry, wrapped in melody, and harmony, not anything like their perceptual level marketing.

Is that rationalizing?

I've been two times: The year with Rob Zombie/Slayer, and the year with Pantera. I was too exhausted to stay through all of Pantera (I saw it in Dallas which is an open air venue in the middle of the summer, and I had been there about 12 hours, and couldn't afford $6 water), which I feel terrible about now.

Both shows were awesome, but I thought Ozzy was way way past his prime both times. I like Black Sabbath, but I can't understand anything Ozzy says now. mumble mumble mumble fuck...mumble mumble fuck... is all I can understand.