Objectivism Online Forum

The Man Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I didn't think of him sooner. At first I was just thinking of actors and celebrities .... but as Felipe and others have said its about character too. Howard Hughes ....pre-mustache....was sooo hot. I mean what's not to like ladies!

He's a test pilot...capitalist millionaire....creative (made movies) and....definitely HOT!!! Check out the pictures below.

post-435-1124692495_thumb.jpg

post-435-1124692507_thumb.jpg

I haven't seen him posted up yet, so don't know if I'm alone here but I think Edward Norton is good looking; definitely hot? What I find most intriguing about him, is his somewhat innocent demeanor and yet he can also give off a very intense and determined persona. An all around great actor. I especially liked him in American History X.

post-579-1124693773_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michelangelo

Tom Selleck (from Magnum PI)

George Peppard (played Hannibal on the A Team)

Michael Landon in Little House on the Prairie (ok, that one may seem cheesy, but he was hot!)

All 3 of these guys have the ideal mix of toughness/masculinity and sweet sexiness. They all had a good sense of humor and a kind smile. Although I can't think of specifics episodes, I remember admiring their treatment of women. These are the guys I had a crush on as a teenager, and watching them in old episodes still drives me wild.

For more "modern" famous people, I like the looks of George Clooney, Johnny Depp, and Hugh Grant. All seem a bit mischievous, but I don't know anything about them personally or much about their movies, so don't take this comment out of context beyond what I said about their looks.

Why do people think Brad Pitt is hot? I'd like to smack that smug smirk off his face. Acting as if you're "all that" is not cool.

I never have been attracted to Tom Hanks really. When he was younger I thought he was attractive enough but he didn't really do it for me. My tastes in men are odd I guess. I think that picture I posted was not very good. Like this guy

Christopher%20Eccleston%202.png

just love him. though I can't say why.

that's christopher eccleston by the way.

I love Clint Eastwood. He’s a good-looking guy but what I love most is his integrity. He is perhaps the only actor to have ever asked for fewer lines because he wanted above all to make the art what it should be, even at the potential expense of his own career. But more than Clint, I am in love with Sidney Poitier and his amazing glare. Never have I seen the very image of masculinity, sensitivity, assertiveness, confidence, defiance, and intelligence displayed openly in a single face. He has starred in several of my favorite movies, such as A Raisin in the Sun, In the Heat of the Night, and above all, A Patch of Blue. He was also good in his small part in Sneakers. I haven't seen No Way Out, Look Who's Coming for Dinner, or To Sir, With Love, but I desperately want to since I've heard he is so good in them. I consider him one of my greatest personal heroes, perhaps third only to Aristotle and Ayn Rand.

poitier-sidney-photo-xl-sidney-poitier-6212204.jpg

175545.jpg

But moving on. Another I love is Kirk Douglas because he is gorgeous and full of hubris. I remember a scene from Ulysses in which he looks up at the cyclops with a face as if to communicate, "I'm a speck of dust to you, but I have you just where I want you. Nobody is bigger than Kirk." And then there was Spartacus, which was just a fantastic epic adventure. Kirk is the ultimate pagan, even though he's Jewish.

KirkDouglas.jpg

Young Brando was such a pretty man it makes a straight guy think twice, and an insuperable actor. In A Streetcar Named Desire he frightened me through the TV screen. I have a grudge against Johnny Depp since he beat me out for most attractive man alive (the day he over-doses, I'll have my place in the sun *shakes fist*). And his movie selections are quite interesting.

And then there's James Stewart. I save him for last for the sake of contrast. He's a really handsome guy, but he is not at all like the others I like. He is not the domineering, forceful type, but there's something in his character that I find so sweet that I can't help but find him attractive. I think everybody should watch Carbine Williams, a true story about a man that tries to make an honest living in the prohibition era, but gets arrested. While in jail, he invents the first gas-operated carbine rifle, which was adopted by the US Army for service in World War I and II, probably saving innumerable American lives. And after James Stewart himself served in World War II he began choosing more challenging acting roles, developing a love for Hitchcock films who, surprise, surprise, was one of Ayn Rand’s favorite directors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was reading a sports magazine the other day and ran across a REALLy good photo of David Beckham. Wasn't able to find that particular photo on the web but these will do. Don't know why but I've always loved guys who look good in shorts and can kick a ball...can't wait till the World Cup next year! Plus, my husband kinda looks like Beckham. :)

post-435-1128752493_thumb.jpg

post-435-1128752557_thumb.jpg

For guys and girls, toned muscles are key. Guys can get away with way more bulk, and even natural hair loss. Sometimes a receeding hairline looks cool.

Ernie Reyes Jr. (the guy who played "Keno" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and the lead role in Surf Ninjas), Usher, and Jude Law are some of the most attractive men as far as I'm concerned. Oh! Bruce Lee, too!

Come to think of it, these guys usually are not seen with facial hair. Maybe I like that because I can't grow any myself - actually I can grow some, but it looks rediculous.

I'd say more, but every time I try to think about this thread I feel myself drawn to the other one...

See you all there.

I'd say more, but every time I try to think about this thread I feel myself drawn to the other one...

Ya know, the more I think about them, the more I really love both of these threads. It gives me a little boost to observe, appreciate, and discuss good qualities in others. Looking at a beautiful gal (or handsome man, in a different way) is just so much fun. Ain't it great being human?

His hair is his biggest downfall, I think because his ears are placed a bit lower on his head than normal, making his hairstyle dominate his features more than usual. The guy looks terrible in any kind of beard, period, and he looks BIZARRE with his hair parted in the middle. Now that I think of it, the guy that played The Merovingian in the Matrix movies had somewhat of the same problem. Hmm.

I'd have to hear his voice and see him act before I could say yea or nay on the James Bond, though. Manner is more important than appearance for Ian Fleming's signature character.