Objectivism Online Forum

The Woman Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

Of course no list of beautiful women is complete without the inclusion of Audrey Hepburn.  I mean, for god sake, she even looked good as a nun!

I'm not entirely sure why, in conceptual terms, but I think (as do many other men apparently, I've noticed over the years) that Audrey Hepburn was perhaps the ultimate in female beauty.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From golden Hollywood... Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman and Grace Kelly get my pick for most beautiful women. In recent times though I think Monica Bellucci (Matrix 2) is absolutely gorgeous...and yes she has brains too. She was studying to become a lawyer in college before she got her part time job as a model. She has also mentioned in interviews how beauty without brains will only get you so far. She has great curves and an absolutely flawless face!

post-435-1124696316_thumb.jpg

post-435-1124696332_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dagny

A few more:

Claire Forlani, especially in "Meet Joe Black", a favorite of mine for its elegance (among other things). Here's a link: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0119643/Ss/...ath_key=0119643.

Moira Kelley, who first came to my attention in "The Cutting Edge", a wonderful film about love, supreme ability, achievement and courage: http://www.moirakelly.net/pictures/default.htm.

Karen Newman, known to _all_ Detroit Red Wings fans as not merely gorgeous, but as a fabulous singer who sings the National Anthem with contagious emotion every time: http://www.karennewman.com/.

Mark Peters

If Marilyn Monroe existed today, I'd have a crush. She was stunning, and from what I've seen she seemed extremely sweet. My heart also goes out to her because she was so depressed and tortured in her life, from childhood to suicide--none of which she deserved. Also, she had hips. They don't make hips like that any more.

I also think Jessica Alba is gorgeous, but that's the only good quality I've seen in her. Also, Elizabeth Taylor. Stunning, curves all over, and she was a terrific actress who choose very challenging and edgy roles. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is one of my all-time favorite movies, partly because it hits close to home.

liz3.jpg

17liz.jpg

And Jane Fonda. She had a great on-screen personality, even if she went too far in the Vietnam protest. When she did her little fertility dance in next to nothing, in the movie Barefoot in the Park... magnificent. She also did some good work in On Golden Pond and The China Syndrome.

jane-fonda-017-pics.jpg

And then Raquel Welch. Just plain old sexy, especially in 100 Rifles.

raquelwelch1d.jpg

I'm not entirely sure why, in conceptual terms, but I think (as do many other men apparently, I've noticed over the years) that Audrey Hepburn was perhaps the ultimate in female beauty.

I also find Audrey Hepburn very appealing. She radiates femininity. I love watching her and listening to her speak in any of her movies. I especially liked her in War and Peace.

A typical wonderful scene with her is in a movie with Cary Grant (To Catch a Thief?) where she says:

"Do you know what's wrong with you?"

"What?" responds Grant.

Then, opening her beautiful eyes to their widest extent, she says:

"Nothing!"

There is a wonderful sense of life in her that shines through whatever role she plays in her movies.

I may be one of billions but my favorites are:

-Angelina Jolie

I like the dark spirit in her. She's sort of evil, but at the same time very confident, strong-willed, passionate.

-Shakira

She's simply the absolutely most gorgeous woman I know. Obviously this is just my opinion but, when "la tortura" came out. I knew immediately I wanted to go back to Colombia and meet more women like that.

-Charlize Theron

She's simply amazing. I love her eyes, her voice, her figure....pretty much everything.

-Penelope Cruz

I never knew I was attracted to her until I saw "Head in the Clouds". She's a different type of interest for me.

-Salma Hayek

oh, come on......she's.....she's......too much....

-Demi Moore is hot

Ok....I think I should stop....

*shoots AmbivalentEye with a tranquilizer dart*

LifeSimpliciter: This is a peculiar observation, but something about that picture of Raquel Welch just offends my aesthetic sense. Objectively, yes, she's very attractive; lean, fit, elegant, gorgeous tan, lovely hair. I think she's just top-heavy. When I draw women, they tend to have a bit more in the hips.

Well, I have hips. Maybe I think on a subconscious level that all women ought to look like me, eh?

As long as we're going old school, how about Angie Dickenson, circa 1959? To anyone who hasn't seen it, I'd recommend the film Rio Bravo, with her and John Wayne. She looks absolutely beatiful. Not too thick or thin, fair skin, and a killer smile. Really seductive, flirtatious character in that film too. Beautiful woman.

• 1 month later...

I must give it up for Amy Grant. There are some good pics at this site. (Please note the site owner's terms of use.) She's got a great voice and a beautiful smile. A similar looking gal is Maura Tierney. (What is with me and this "girl next door" thing, which I generally prefer to Barbie-type gals with five hundred pounds of makeup? Psychoanalysts, have fun! :) )

Well, I've read a lot of stuff I agree with here, but when it comes down to it, I am simply attracted to any girl who smiles. OK, maybe there are other criteria, but I honestly think about appearance less than I did in my teens... That said, let's get down to business.

I dig chics with glasses, geek chicks, tall chicks, and agree that mixed raced women tend to be more attractive...

I also like toned musceles (especially leg, shoulder and back muscles) and short hair, even shaved heads. I don't know if its the spherical quality of the head, or the idea that a woman doesn't bow to social convention. Maybe it's both. In the spirit of this, I would like to bring Keira Knightley to this thread. She plays Domino Harvey in the upcoming movie, Domino. I like girls who know how to kick the crap out of me, but that doesn't mean I want them to do it. Maybe I just want to feel safe in a warrior woman's arms.

As for the cast of Serenity, I like them all but am most attracted to Gina Torres. She was even hotter in The Matrix series.

I like the classic beauty of the 1920's... Some aspects of this extend to later times and to people like Marilyn Monroe. Also, Gwen Stefani had a stunning outfit on during one music video (the name escapes me) that I brought up in a different thread.

Finally, I too had a crush on Winnie Cooper.

Edited by FeatherFall

Who didn't have a crush for Winnie Cooper?

Besides, did you know that this actress is the co-author of an important mathematical proof. I don't know any new movies she is playing in, but if I had to pick one woman, it would be her for she combines beauty, intelligence and a zest for life.

What more could you want?

I have to throw my 2 cents in to the ring, to mix metaphors...

Personally I love very pretty faces, the rest is simply a bonus :), but the face is a must. And of course having a rationally creative brain behind that pretty face would be a dream come true.

As far as particulars, Two of my personal favorites for feminine beauty are Keira Knightley and Estella Warren

Knightley:

http://ads.skins.be/pics/KeiraKnightley99vv_14_1024.jpg

Warren:

http://ads.skins.be/pics/EstellaWarRrr_-_04_1024.jpg

Also Elizabeth Hurley and Maria Sharapova are very beautiful as well

[Edited to replace a link. Matt]

Edited by Groovenstein

Referring to Angelina Jolie, Dave writes:

I second that, but that's based on looks only. Even most of the women I know want to sleept with her.

I think the reason women are so drawn to her is that Angelina Jolie combines to characteristics that aren't usually combined: she is tough and independent, but feminine and sexy.

Personally, I think she's insane; Angelina Jolie has many weird obsessions.

Amen, sister.

:)

But I think that "insanity" is what makes her attractive. I take it for granted that she's beautiful, but there is something else about her that attracts beyond physical beauty. IMO :)

She comes across as edgy, Dominique-esque. Dangerous, yet desirable?

One of my favorite quotes is "There is a thin line between genius and insanity." Not to imply Jolie is a genius, but simply that the edgier, more unusual a person gets, the more likely she'll be considered insane.

...That said, carrying around Billy Bob's blood around in a vial is just weird :P