Objectivism Online Forum

Romantic Gifts For Men

Rate this topic

JMeganSnow

You are assuming that all men share the same standards for what is "sexy". I personally prefer men that like their women serious, intellectual, and "straight-laced".

Do your actions, speech and manner of dress evoke thoughts of sex? If so, you are sexy. What healthy man does not enjoy the sexy side of a woman?

What's so great about "letting your hair down?"

Balance. Letting one's hair down provides an outlet for emotions one is unable to express while being serious and strait-laced.

QUOTE(JDX @ Sep 24 2005, 04:03 PM) *

Letting one's hair down provides an outlet for emotions one is unable to express while being serious and strait-laced.

And the other way around. This depends.

Hello Felix. How so?

Both definitely has something to it to make you go :).

Not sure what that means either.

QUOTE(JDX @ Sep 24 2005, 04:03 PM) *

Letting one's hair down provides an outlet for emotions one is unable to express while being serious and strait-laced.

Not sure what that means either.

I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter if you let your hair down or not.

Both can be sexy.

Do your actions, speech and manner of dress evoke thoughts of sex? If so, you are sexy. What healthy man does not enjoy the sexy side of a woman?

Evoke whose thoughts of sex? You are treating your idea of what is sexy as the standard: it is not.

What healthy man thinks that a woman merely has a sexy "side"? What about the REST of her?

Really, is anything sexier than a glassed lady reading some book you have (or are) struggling with?

You guys are crazy, I'll go for "strait-laced" and intellectual any day.

(Though, that special lady might want to take insurance out on those laces, if they are expensive. I make no guarantees...)

Edited by Pancho Villa

QUOTE(JDX @ Sep 24 2005, 11:03 AM) *

Evoke whose thoughts of sex?

Anyone who happens to be watching you, not me.

You are treating your idea of what is sexy as the standard: it is not.

My statement was benign, but here's my opinion:

Take total strangers. A man enters a library and is immediately attracted to a quiet, strait-laced, businesslike female librarian. She appeals to him because he imagines the "other side of her" must be the opposite of the image she currently projects.

The thought of a woman being quiet, strait-laced, businesslike 24/7- 365 probably would not appeal to most men.

What healthy man thinks that a woman merely has a sexy "side"? What about the REST of her?

"A side" obviously implies at least one other side.

Now, I agree wholeheartedly that intellectual compatibility is the best basis for a long term relationship. But wild sex could provide the "glue" which holds the relationship together and cause it to last.

A lady having a strait-laced side in public and a wild side behind closed doors would probably meet with most hetero males' approval.

I've always found something repugnant in a man that would want me to dress up like a sex bunny in order to "seduce" him. It was something I was thinking about today, actually.

I think my personal dislike stems from the fact that I would consider doing such to be putting on an act. That's not who I am. That's not how I behave. If you want some brainless bimbo that's about to fall out of her dress, I see them walking down the street every day. Help yourself...

What's so great about "letting your hair down?" Personally, I find formal courtesy very attractive indeed. I let my hair down when I'm cleaning the grout in the bathtub, not when I want to pay special attention to my partner.

Formal courtesy is no more appropriate when in bed than one of those "brainless bimbos" wearing a dress she is "about to fall out of" is when in public.

Just because other women misuse their femininity does not mean that you should shun yours altogether! :confused:

"Forcing it" would not be a good idea, but if you can get in touch with your femininity, then it won't be an "act."

When I think of attractive clothing I think of something that shows off less skin, not more

If that were true, then the most attractive outfit would be a burqa! But I think your point is that lots of outfits go too far. Of course they do! But that does not mean that one should make an error in the other direction. "Showing skin" is a balancing act and varies greatly on the context.

Gents, if a lady is going to get you a romantic present, what would you want?

What about a back massage? And a bubble bath (together). And I really appreciate home cooked meals.

When I think of attractive clothing I think of something that shows off less skin, not more.

I find that a non-asian wearing a kimono is super hot.

What's so great about "letting your hair down?" Personally, I find formal courtesy very attractive indeed. I let my hair down when I'm cleaning the grout in the bathtub, not when I want to pay special attention to my partner.

Formal courtesy is not intimate, since it can happen between strangers.

• 2 weeks later...
Romantic gifts from my point of view are feminine. Roses, perfume, jewelry are things that a women would hold near and dear to her heart. The way to a man's heart is through cleavage and a steak dinner.

Personally, I have no use for roses, perfume or jewelry. Does this somehow make me less feminine?

A romantic gift is not simply one plucked from a list of generic 'romantic gifts'. Whether or not a gift is romantic is dependent on what the giver and receiver consider romantic.

-Chrisey

(Oh! And so far as the steak goes.. my last lover was a vegetarian. :) One gift that I loved giving him was a full body massage (I'm a massage therapist in training :lol: ) If inspiring sexual desire is the goal of a 'romantic' gift, this idea certainly worked well for us!)

*Edited to fix quote... newbie poster that I am.... :santa:

Edited by chriseyh

Personally, I have no use for roses, perfume or jewelry. ...A romantic gift is not simply one plucked from a list of generic 'romantic gifts'.
We need another thread on 'Romantic Gifts for Women'... or do we?

Welcome to the forum!

Personally, I have no use for roses, perfume or jewelry. Does this somehow make me less feminine?

Not at all. But, whether roses or perfume appeal to you does not change the fact that they are feminine gifts.

A romantic gift is not simply one plucked from a list of generic 'romantic gifts'. Whether or not a gift is romantic is dependent on what the giver and receiver consider romantic.

Agreed.

(Oh! And so far as the steak goes.. my last lover was a vegetarian. :lol

Vegitarians cheat themselves of health benefits of animal fat and protein. They're probably more susceptible to disease and will likely live a shorter life. Their motives are usually the result of gross misinformation. Rather than date a vegitarian I'd lean toward education.

:One gift that I loved giving him was a full body massage (I'm a massage therapist in training ;) ) If inspiring sexual desire is the goal of a 'romantic' gift, this idea certainly worked well for us!)

Good definition and great gift!