Objectivism Online Forum

A Brief Introduction

Rate this topic

Greetings everyone.

I've just joined the forum tonight, and I figured my first order of business should be to tell you all a bit about myself.

I am a 22 year-old male originally from Missouri now living in Florida (with plans to move back eventually). I don't know what first brought me to Atlas Shrugged, but after that there was no turning back. I have finished Atlas now and am working on The Fountainhead, which is even more impressive so far. I have also read some other shorter works of Rand's. Upon discovering Rand and her philosophy, I realized that I had been living with the Objectivist mindset for quite some time (save for a few small issues), and finally saw the true nature of my disappointment with the world as it is.

I am pleased to have found a certain niche and a label that fits me better than any other ever has or will, and I hope to have some good conversations with and perhaps learn some things from you all. I'm sure I will enjoy getting to know the members of this forum.

See you on the board...

Nick :D

Welcome to the boards.

Firstly, I will say that I love the name, this is probably partially because I am writing the For the New Intellectual at the moment.

Im sure you will learn a bit from the conversations here. Everyone does now and again, no matter how great their understanding of Objectivism might be, and you should learn some stuff not so directly related to Objectivism too if you read posts from some of our extremely knowledgeable members.

Edited to remove unnecessary quote and fix italics--JMeganSnow

Edited by JMeganSnow