Objectivism Online Forum

Sick Racist Video

Rate this topic

Dagny

That's not an answer. You made the assertion that the guy was "extreme right", the burden is on you to prove it, or recognize that you are making a unprovable assumption.

Man, being harassed by the cops, that brings back memories...

My post said that this type of behavior was "So typical of the extreme right," I never said that this particular guy was extreme right. Y'all need to lighten up :)

Actually, I think that most Mexicans and other latinos are descended primarily from the "Indian" population which lived in the Americas before Columbus discovered them for the Europeans.

You may be right, but there are lots of caucasions in S. America, for instance. Latino really refers to someone from Mexico, Central and South America, whatever their race may be.

Not really an importan issue, just that when you fill out forms you often see under race: black, white, latino, other, and latino is not commensurate with the category. Something that has always amused me.

Or was the word "hispanic"? :/

Man, being harassed by the cops, that brings back memories...

If you think I didn't find your previous comments humorous, I can assure you I don' t find this one humorous either.

My post said that this type of behavior was "So typical of the extreme right," I never said that this particular guy was extreme right.
You open your statement with "Isn't that just so typical of the extreme right, though?", then you proceed to make statements about "this particular guy". Who is it you are supposed to be talking about IF NOT that particular guy?

Y'all need to lighten up

What I don't need is you telling me what I need. However, what you need to do is realize that you can, and often will, be challenged on your statements in this forum. That is the time to support your position (or recognize that you can't), not play revisionist and suggest your statements shouldn't be taken seriously, particularly when there's no indication in your original post that you intended humor.

Edited by RationalCop

You open your statement with "Isn't that just so typical of the extreme right, though?", then you proceed to make statements about "this particular guy". Who is it you are supposed to be talking about IF NOT that particular guy?

I am comparing the extreme right to that guy to point out what I don't like about their policy on immigration.

What I don't need is you telling me what I need. However, what you need to do is realize that you can, and often will, be challenged on your statements in this forum. That is the time to support your position (or recognize that you can't), not play revisionist and suggest your statements shouldn't be taken seriously, particularly when there's no indication in your original post that you intended humor.

Get a life.