Objectivism Online Forum
softwareNerd

Demographics: Member Geographical Location

Rate this topic

Since it has been a while, I just updated the US and non-US lists.Here's a summary, of US states where we have 10 or more members telling us they're from the state...

StateMembers
California91
Texas51
Florida43
New York43
Washington29
Michigan26
Ohio24
Pennsylvania22
Colorado22
Virginia21
Illinois18
New Jersey16
Arizona16
Minnesota14
North Ccarolina12
Georgia12
Mass11
Indiana10
Oregon10
Connecticut10
Edited by softwareNerd

Hey folks. This is easier. Signon and have somone pin this link.

Obj Online Map

Edited by KendallJ

Why not put those demographic tables up somewhere else if so many people are interested, like maybe somewhere on the main site, so they do not have to dig into this thread to read it. Also would it be possible to read that information right of the forums member profiles table or such?

The forum software allows you to search for members in a particular Country or State. Go to the member screen, and click the button that says "Toggle More Options...". When you click on that, the system presents all sorts of search criteria. You'll see country and state, among the others. Check out New Zealand and see who else is from there.

I'm not sure if there's much interest in having the complete list; but it would definitely be possible to write a simple PHP script generate the entire list dynamically. If someone wants to volunteer, and if GreedyCapitalist thinks having it is a good idea, I can help by providing the SQL that one would need to plug in to it.

BTW, there's also a Map (not integrated with the forum software) for those who want to add themselves to that.

The forum software allows you to search for members in a particular Country or State. Go to the member screen, and click the button that says "Toggle More Options...". When you click on that, the system presents all sorts of search criteria. You'll see country and state, among the others. Check out New Zealand and see who else is from there.

I'm not sure if there's much interest in having the complete list; but it would definitely be possible to write a simple PHP script generate the entire list dynamically. If someone wants to volunteer, and if GreedyCapitalist thinks having it is a good idea, I can help by providing the SQL that one would need to plug in to it.

BTW, there's also a Map (not integrated with the forum software) for those who want to add themselves to that.

I had forgotten you could do the former, and OK that is quite nice.

Yes, the PHP code would not tricky, in fact I could probably type something up myself I suppose, if enough other people are really that interested in such a presentation of those figures (I am not really sure if it would be very many myself, as you imply, quite possibly not enough to warrant it).