Objectivism Online Forum

Next Tory Leader

Rate this topic

daniel

Though Germany has had bad news lately in Britian things look a bit better. It looks that tne next leader of the conservative party will be the best thats on offer i.e. wants low taxes, supports euthanasia, abortion, zero tolerance. He also highlights American approaches to welfare reform thaty have succeeded in getting huge proprtions of American people back into work. He talks of replacing the welfare state with a welfare society i.e relying more on chairty, families looking after one another.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4262522.stm

So far he has around 44 MPs, his nearest rival has around 14.

Bring on 2009!

What do others make of him? Also what about the issue of supporting someone who is not the best rather the least worse? Is it justified?

Edited by daniel

Though Germany has had bad news lately in Britian things look a bit better. It looks that tne next leader of the conservative party will be the best thats on offer i.e. wants low taxes, supports euthanasia, abortion, zero tolerance. He also highlights American approaches to welfare reform thaty have succeeded in getting huge proprtions of American people back into work. He talks of replacing the welfare state with a welfare society i.e relying more on chairty, families looking after one another.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4262522.stm

So far he has around 44 MPs, his nearest rival has around 14.

Bring on 2009!

What do others make of him? Also what about the issue of supporting someone who is not the best rather the least worse? Is it justified?

Congats (bet you're missing Maggie about now though). What do you see as Davis' weak spots?