Objectivism Online Forum

Show Your Faces!

Rate this topic

post-2705-1146232221_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have a staring problem.

post-2705-1146232268_thumb.jpg

Now you may have three wishes, none of which may be a wish for another wish, nor may any be a wish to change this rule or any others in the agreement between Genie and Applicant Lamp-Rubber (henceforth ALR). A contract will be forthcoming.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure--you're the one with blue eyes! Or are your sister's eyes blue too? They look brown(ish) in the picture.

Sorry, nice try though :P . We both have blue eyes, they just look brown-ish because of the lack of light in our computer room :) . Also, that picture of my twin sis was taken with our very cheap webcam which may have had something to do with it! Our eyes are interesting... they seem to change to more green or more blue depending on the light. :)

Sorry, nice try though :P . We both have blue eyes, they just look brown-ish because of the lack of light in our computer room :) .

I stand corrected. This is what I get for posting away after one superficial look! ;)

I was going to remark that her skin and hair were a bit darker too, but that may be due to the lighting factor as well ... or isn't it? :) In any case, her face is slightly but noticeably different from yours, so I'm sure I could tell you apart with confidence! :P

Our eyes are interesting... they seem to change to more green or more blue depending on the light. :)

My eyes do that too. They range from blue to steel-grey to bluish-green. :D

I was going to remark that her skin and hair were a bit darker too, but that may be due to the lighting factor as well ... or isn't it? :) In any case, her face is slightly but noticeably different from yours, so I'm sure I could tell you apart with confidence! :P

Yeah, I'd have to say it's the lighting factor. It's a shame I don't have a better, more well-lit picture of her. :P In pictures 1 & 2 of me the room was soo bright from the sun coming through the window, so that's probably why my hair looks lighter blonde there, and everything is just brighter. :) I think your right, there is a slight difference in our faces... yet somehow my dad manages to mix us up all the time.

My eyes do that too. They range from blue to steel-grey to bluish-green. :P

Eyes are weird like that :P , right now my eyes are green(inside)/light blue(middle)/dark blue(outside) :) can't they just decide on a colour, and stick to it? :P Well, nothing switching to coloured contacts wouldn't fix ;) .

Was this meant for me?

Sorry, no, "Flipje" is Maarten. :D

Edited by nofearnolimits

Oh god, I think all the smilies are causing me to seizure!
I'm sorry, I can't help it... :P ... :) ... ;) ... :D ... :) !

BTW I forgot about this picture! Sure, Amanda has her braclet stuck in my hair :) , and we really look different in this one - but it's well-lit. (If you can't tell I'm on the left, Amanda's on the right)

post-2645-1146592795_thumb.jpg

In pictures 1 & 2 of me the room was soo bright from the sun coming through the window, so that's probably why my hair looks lighter blonde there, and everything is just brighter. :)

I guess that's one of the things that makes them such good pictures. The others being that you used a good camera and that the background was clear. These three things together make them look quite professional: if you told me they were made for a fashion magazine, I wouldn't suspect a thing! :)

Oh yes, and that smile on the second one is a nice touch too. :D:);)

Is "seizure" a verb? I wonder if you can derive a noun from it ... like "seizureure" ?

Seizure is the noun. The verb is to seize. The medical meaning is closely related to its other meaning, 'to take by force.' Control of the body is 'taken by force' by the underlying neurological disorder. Seizures can be violent shaking fits, minor twitches, or even simple loss of consciousness. Syncope (fainting), when caused by neurological problems, is a seizure, but when caused by psychological factors or hyperventilation, is not.

The 'myclonic jerk' experienced by sleepy people when they suddenly jerk awake is a mild form of seizure.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

-Q

Well I couldn't very well have said, "The smilies are causing me to seize!" That might sound a little sketchy. Besides, 'Jew' isn't formally a verb, but I couldn't tell you how many time's I've Jewed down people on prices.

:)

(By the way, in case the PC police is even on an Objectivist forum, I speak Hebrew, all my best friends are the frumest ortho Jews in the world, I have licence. No hate crime has been committed.)

if you told me they were made for a fashion magazine, I wouldn't suspect a thing! ;)

Oh yes, and that smile on the second one is a nice touch too. :P;):D

wow - such a nice compliment :) ! Maybe I should become a photographer :P:D. A compliment and my life's direction given to me in a single sentence! :o Consider me amazed ;):P!

:pimp::pirate::P:P:o:P ......Sorry, I just thought I'd get in on the action before someone gets seized; which is usually what happened to me when I'm around twins. Double your pleasure!

:pimp::pirate::santa::ninja::dough::P ......Sorry, I just thought I'd get in on the action before someone gets seized; which is usually what happened to me when I'm around twins. Double your pleasure!

When you say "which is usaully what happened to me when I'm around twins," are you referring to "before someone gets seized," or "just thought I'd get in on the action"? Just curious. :lol:

I guess this is the appropriate time as the smiley-density is already quite high. Since I don't have a digicam and no digital picture of mine, yet, I'd post two smileys that resemble me the most:

:D and :lol:

Edited by Felix

I guess this is the appropriate time as the smiley-density is already quite high. Since I don't have a digicam and no digital picture of mine, yet, I'd post two smileys that resemble me the most:

:D and :lol:

Good idea! Mind if I borrow it? Here's a picture of me when I wrote post #85:

:D

And here's one taken during #88:

:D

Hey, you and I look quite similar, don't we! Could it be that we are twins and don't even know it? :lol::lol::lol: