Objectivism Online Forum

Show Your Faces!

Rate this topic

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting way to finger a G major..

Yeah, I got into the habit of using my thumb to chord an open G. Maybe it was because my hands weren't flexible enough when I was first learning to play. That and I taught myself off of tabs, not from a teacher. Bad habits die hard. When I'm really lazy, I only use my thumb and fourth finger to do an open G, using my thumb to also mute the B string so I don't have to reach my index finger all the way down there.

3 (ring finger)

3 (ring finger)

-

-

x (thumb mute)

3 (thumb)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been meaning to add a post with some pictures to this thread for a while now.

When I went to my first North Texas Objectivist Society meeting a few months ago, someone here on the Forum who I met for the first time said I was younger than he had assumed. A few years ago, I went to an event sponsored by the Dallas Historical Society and a fellow, much older than myself, who had followed my postings on a couple of different forums was very suprised when we were introduced. He said he figured that I was in my eighties. There have been other instances as well. It seems to be a pattern. So for those who might think likewise - I am only old at heart. I am still a young fogey, not an old one.

post-369-1158478152_thumb.jpg post-369-1158478054_thumb.jpgpost-369-1158478210_thumb.jpgpost-369-1158478230_thumb.jpgpost-369-1158478249_thumb.jpgpost-369-1158478270_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now you may have three wishes, none of which may be a wish for another wish, nor may any be a wish to change this rule or any others in the agreement between Genie and Applicant Lamp-Rubber (henceforth ALR). A contract will be forthcoming.

I met a genie once, but I only got one wish. You see, he wasn't interested in trading, so I wished he'd leave me alone and then he disappeared.

Does anybody else know "that guy"? You know... "that guy" that responds to something in the conversation that happened three minutes ago and everybody else is on a new topic. And everybody is thinking, "Were'nt we talking about that, like, three minutes ago?" but nobody says anything, because you'd be such a **** if you did.

<- is a ****. :P

(Just playing with you Nate. And yes, I knew that you knew that I was playing with you. Did you know that I knew that you knew that I was playing with you?)

• 3 weeks later...
What city are you in, Ehre?

I live in Los Angeles, but the above picture was taken when I was on a business trip in Austin, Texas. The building in the background is the Frost Bank Tower. Currently the tallest and most beautiful building in Austin.