Objectivism Online Forum

Atlas Shrugged coming to Big Screen

Rate this topic

sklein

did someone say jackie chan is in it. Well Im not seeing it then. I should pray (pardon the expression) that jackie chan doesnt get casted as John Galt in Atlas Shrugged. Or Owen Wilson for that matter.

I agree that Jackie wouldn't make a good John Galt but I love his movies! He isn't the best actor but that is to be expected from a foreign action star. It is his sense of life that keeps me hooked. He portrays benevolence in his films in the forms of humor, accomplishment, heroism and some of the best martial arts fights captured on film. In addition, he is so incredibly competent that he does his own stunts (most of which are breathtaking).

On the other hand, I don't care much at all for Owen...

I just usually hate action films. I can truly say I havent seen a good one in ages. I dont like martial arts. It seems very unrealistic, that someone fights a group of people with their arms and legs while they have guns. And most action films are cliche if you have seen one then you have seen them all. I prefer to watch independent films because they arent concerned with attracting the big crowds and they are usually more creative. If its not independent films then i watch old (classics if you will) movies. because if youre going to watch a movie make it the original not all the trash copies of it made today.

I agree that Jackie wouldn't make a good John Galt but I love his movies! He isn't the best actor but that is to be expected from a foreign action star. It is his sense of life that keeps me hooked. He portrays benevolence in his films in the forms of humor, accomplishment, heroism and some of the best martial arts fights captured on film. In addition, he is so incredibly competent that he does his own stunts (most of which are breathtaking).

The thought of Jackie Chan as John Galt is ludicrous, and why it was brought up in the first place is beyond my understanding. You do not judge actrors by how well they would portray John Galt. :(

And, I completely agree with Bowzer -- Jackie Chan is a real delight to watch. It is also interesting to see how his movies have developed. The real early ones were very cheaply made and had little in the way of a developed plot. As Chan became more and more successful, the stories began to develop, as did the rest of the technical aspects of the films. Never really high-drama, but entertaining.

Anyway, whether it is Jackie Chan in his early flimsily-made movies, or Jackie Chan in his more recent polished movies, it is Chan himself that is the attraction. For me, Bowzer really captured the spirit of what Chan portrays. I would only add an observation that Betsy once made to me: instead of simply bloodying-up the bad guys with his martial arts skills, Chan frequently just humiliates them, in a humorous way.

The thought of Jackie Chan as John Galt is ludicrous, and why it was brought up in the first place is beyond my understanding. You do not judge actrors by how well they would portray John Galt.

It was a joke. Im not sure about you, but most people have a sense of humor.