Objectivism Online Forum

You Can Call Me Ravane.

Rate this topic

My good friend is reading Nietzsche's The Will To Power. He says it reminds him of me. >.>;;

"You're always putting so much emphasis on winning and losing, even in trivial matters where there is arguaby no winning nor losing. Neitzsche says that the only way we can express any thing as humans is by the will to power. That is to say, one triumphs over another." (Casey thinks he's so cool, but he's not because I win. /joke)

Except he calls him "Neitchszeblargraargh".

Yeep...

On an entirely unrelated subject, Regis, are you from Lafayette or the Baton Rouge area originally? I'm from a little town called Prairieville just outside Baton Rouge, but I moved to Lafayette this year to go to school with some friends. I originally went to Southeastern.

Edited by Ravane

My favorite musicians are Nobuo Uematsu...

I'm writing a novel...

My favorite movies are Kill Bill and Sin City.

I'm actually a really competitive and spontaneous sort of person...

You do sound interesting :( Have you seen Kung-Fu Hustle? I don't know if its your type of movie, but since Kill Bill and Sin City are at the top of my lists, I thought I'd suggest another good action film :)

:dough: > :P

:D

You do sound interesting :( Have you seen Kung-Fu Hustle? I don't know if its your type of movie, but since Kill Bill and Sin City are at the top of my lists, I thought I'd suggest another good action film :)

:dough: > :P

:D

I've definitely seen that...XD A friend and I went to see it thinking it would be crappy...but it was actually very funny.

How was your day bad, and how was your FF night good? I love FFXI stories. :D

How was your day bad,
Lost my favorite jacket.

Ran out of hot water in the shower after the gym.

Got a big zit (I haven't had one in a really long time).

Found out this band I love (Architecture in Helsinki) was here on my b-day and I didn't know about it.

Reached a new level of dissatistfaction with the quality of instruction I'm paying lots of money for.

The flap of skin between my thumb and index finger got caught in a mic stand when I was collapsing it and bled everywhere.

Missed my bus stop b/c I wasn't paying attention and had to walk a long way home.

and how was your FF night good? I love FFXI stories. :(

well... the whole reason I quit PLD a year ago was b/c of trouble getting the Eldeime Necropolis coffer key for AF hands. Well, now I'm ready to get BST AF hands, but I couldn't get the quest until I finished the PLD one. Went to Eldeime with some lv75 friends from my linkshell, got the key on the first kill, found the coffer in 10 minutes, finished the quest, got PLD AF hands. Then I went to Sea Serpent Grotto to xp BST, and another friend from my linkshell was farming hecteyes. She got a Sea Serpent Grotto coffer key and invited me to get it, then she found the coffer for me and I got the SSG map.

Oh, man...AF quests! I miss those most of all. That is, I miss that I never got to do any.

I hate my college classes too...I can't even make myself do the homework anymore, I'm just apathetic about it. I do tons of artwork on my own, but when it comes down to it, I can only make so many projects out of construction paper before I go stark-raving mad.

That was at Southeastern...so far ULL hasn't been too different but I'll get through somehow. I'd like to get this done while it's still free.

My favorite language? It'd be HTML, which I don't think counts. I'm basically teaching myself HTML. I've taken courses in Java and taught myself basic C++. I'm not very proficent in Java- I took Java 1 and 2 (courses) and we barely got past the basics. :/ I think we finally started doing Java GUI at the end.

My favorite part of the Dragonlance series was Rastlin and my favorite book was Soulforge, though I remember little of it. I should probably re-read it...I haven't read them in years.

I'd be interested in reading the preview of your novel. I guess when I flesh out a decent plot summary for mine I'll post it up here. :)

Oh, how so? BTW, I haven't been able to watch that video, my internet browser doesn't support quicktime apps. (Opera)

Excellent, I would love to read it. You might want to look at this thread, I am and a few others have given some tipis/reminders you might find helpful:

Story Writing Tecnique

And the advice you might already have received, and that is: Read Ayn Rands Art of Fiction.

On an entirely unrelated subject, Regis, are you from Lafayette or the Baton Rouge area originally? I'm from a little town called Prairieville just outside Baton Rouge, but I moved to Lafayette this year to go to school with some friends. I originally went to Southeastern.

I'm from Abbeville, which is closer to Lafayette. (Just keep going south on HWY 167) :lol:

My good friend is reading Nietzsche's The Will To Power. He says it reminds him of me. >.>;;

"You're always putting so much emphasis on winning and losing, even in trivial matters where there is arguaby no winning nor losing. Neitzsche says that the only way we can express any thing as humans is by the will to power. That is to say, one triumphs over another." (Casey thinks he's so cool, but he's not because I win. /joke)

Except he calls him "Neitchszeblargraargh".

Hi Ravane, welcome. If you're at all interested in Nietzsche, you might consider listening to this set of tapes by Dr. Bernstein.

http://www.aynrandbookstore2.com/store/pro...item=9&mitem=22

It's pretty informative and Dr. B does a nice job of isolating the good aspects of Nietzsche's philosophy from the bad.

I'm from Abbeville, which is closer to Lafayette. (Just keep going south on HWY 167) :lol:

Cool, maybe we can hang out sometime.

Hi Ravane, welcome. If you're at all interested in Nietzsche, you might consider listening to this set of tapes by Dr. Bernstein.

http://www.aynrandbookstore2.com/store/pro...item=9&mitem=22

It's pretty informative and Dr. B does a nice job of isolating the good aspects of Nietzsche's philosophy from the bad.

I;m not as interested in Nietzsche as he is, I'm still working my way through Ayn Rand's nonfiction book list. :P