Objectivism Online Forum

Was: Forum Atmosphere

Rate this topic

..., I whole-mindedly agree with everything Burgess has said about how an Objectivist forum should be run.
You misrepresent Burgess. Unless I completely misunderstood him, he did not make any rationalistic claim about how "an Objectivist forum" (sic) ought to be run. He made reference to OO.net and to its purposes, and is helping define what should be done within that context. Edited by softwareNerd

You misrepresent Burgess. Unless I completely misunderstood him, he did not make any rationalistic claim about how "an Objectivist forum" (sic) ought to be run. He made reference to OO.net and to its purposes, and is helping define what should be done within that context.

Mince words all you like, and try to speak for Burgess all you like, but there is no other context in which the existence OO.net and the current discussion could exist.

As for misrepsenting, how about deleting posts containing facts related to events on the site, rather than posting replies and attempting to refute them? I'll assume because you know it can't be done, because you know I'm right, and the only way you and the site can come out looking clean is by pretending the whole thing isn't happening and hope no one finds out about it.

If you're all so sure you're right, why are you afraid that people here will find out?

Firstly, your post has not been delete it; it was made invisible. Nor did I do that. The moderator who did that did so in order to let the owner of the forum make a decision. Personally I would be happy to explain what I think about the issue.

As for forum and context, you're just not being imaginative enough Tom.

[edit: this part was a duplicate]

As for misrepsenting, how about deleting posts containing facts related to events on the site, rather than posting replies and attempting to refute them? I'll assume because you know it can't be done, because you know I'm right, and the only way you and the site can come out looking clean is by pretending the whole thing isn't happening and hope no one finds out about it.

If you're all so sure you're right, why are you afraid that people here will find out?

As of right now, the post being made invisible (not deleted) was done by me and me only. No one else has sanctioned that deletion, and no opinion should be imputed to them based upon it. I was and am not sure whether it would be useful for the site to have a public airing of dirty laundry. I want to find out what the owner and others involved in the site thought about that before it was allowed to remain. No permanent decision has been made. If you have issue with that judgment, take it up with me.

Edited by Groovenstein