Objectivism Online Forum

Timelines Of World-history

Rate this topic

softwareNerd

I'm looking for a good book with timelines, showing major events and people in world history. It does not need to be compact; a large book would do fine. Ideally, it would make sense to a 9-year old, with minimal adult explanation.

I found some on Amazon. One was called Smithsonian Timelines of the Ancient World the other three were all called Timelines of World History here, here and here.

I wondered if anyone here has read any of these or has some alternatives to recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

I think yours is better, but the one I just coincidentally happened to buy before reading your post is http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?w...aroline%20Lucas Atlas of World History [ Geddes & Grosset as publishers] It deals with events than singled out people. It deals with people as a whole. 64 pages of short explanation of each epoch with photos and illustrations and about 80 pages of overview of history. The 64 pages themselves would suffice and they are the reason I purchased 3 copies of them to give away to children for they give graphic overview with some time lines. It is not perfect but a good place to start if one does not have access to the better books you refer to.

Searching google, i find some other possibly better titles with same name Atlas of World History at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/019521567...glance&n=283155

As they have reviews you might wish to check those :D

A concise pictorial history with maps is good.