Objectivism Online Forum

History channel "modern marvels"

Rate this topic

bnittoli

Anyone else watch this show? It is one of my favorites. It really takes a pro-progress and innovation attitude and covers just about everything from millitary hardware to ice cream factories.

they typically start with the state of the art for the topic, then backtrack and show the history, moving up to present, then a short segment on future. I used to miss it since the showing is all over but Tivo put a stop to that.

I love that show with a passion! They manage to make the history of just about anything so exciting and fun to learn. Whenever I watch that show I marvel at the genius of mankind and it makes me feel great.

I also enjoy 'Tactical to Practical' which discusses many of the modern inventions and innovations that have occurred between the military and private economy.

Another similar show can be seen on the Discovery Channel, though I do not believe that they have created new episodes in a while, called Extreme Engineering. The show discusses bold and awe-inspiring projects ranging from a bridge across the Bering Strait to a transatlantic tunnel to a city in a pyramid!

All great shows!

The History Channel repeats a lot of episodes of Modern Marvels throughout the week. I usually watch the channel at night, so I know that it's on sporadically at night, though it could be like that during the day as well.

Regularly, Wed night is Modern Marvels night on the History Channel. There are usually 3 or 4 episodes shown starting at 8 I believe, then repeated throughout the night.