Objectivism Online Forum

Online Strategy Game

Rate this topic

erik

thats pretty big. My biggest one was 311 but my 1st 3 were 63, 101, and 155 so you will get some bad ones too. I kept the 155 and blew up the other two. When I tried again I got 295 and 311 so it was worth losing those resources in the long run.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you can't change your home planet but it might be good strategy to put the best stuff on your biggest or a bigger planet. That way people won't know where you keep all your good stuff. When you click to send someone a message it tells you there home planet. :)

Eww, I lost my entire fleet (7 Small cargoships) :/ How can you see what defenses a planet have?

What is shown or not when you spy a planet depends on how many probes you send and your espionage tech level. Research more or send more probes (5 is maximum useful AFAIK) for better intel. More probes also means more risk of detection though.

mrocktor

When you destroy a planet it stays there as destroyed planet for about 24-48 hours. After that is gone you can try for the same spot again.

As to the blind attacking get higher espionage tech and use more probes like mrocktor said. Try not to attack planets if you are not sure about the defense. You can always get a higher ranked Alliance member to scan for you too. When I come back from vacation you should all have at least 5000 points! See you later.

I am getting out of the game because I can already tell I am going to play it too much. <_<

Let me know if anyone wants my account ( I have one in universe 3 (score 573) and 11 (score 750)). I am sending my resources to mrock. Once I transport then I will drop the alliance, and after a week I will delete the accounts if I don't get any takers :)

I'll have access to battleships soon, can someone give me an idea of their capabilities (i.e. good against X, beware of X etc.)

Also, on attacking unaffiliated active players: more trouble than it's worth? I have one guy near me that has raided me twice (unsuccessfully). I'll be visiting him soon...

mrock

b-ships are one of the best ships in the game becaise they are fast, give you punch, and have decent cargo capacity. I would not build tons of them just yet though. Maaten, you have been inactive for 3 days man. What's up?

Hey! I just started the game it looks interesting I've requested an alliance. My name is Drew1776. This is my first post on Objectivism Online and it's not even about objectivism. I've been reading posts on this site for awhile. Can't wait to start posting 4 real!! ;-)

Yes I can see how that would be annoying to people without Commander. We have people signing up with MSN chat to un-clutter the message board. Also we are only taking people with over 2000 points now. So if you want to play go ahead and apply when you are close to 2000. The wars are over at the moment thanks to Rational Egosits fine diplomacy skills. B)

I am building my fleet bit by bit, got about 18 cruisers now and 10 heavy fighters (well, in a few hours I will), so I can raid some of the smaller planets around me that have defenses. Is there some way in which you can protect your cargo ships? They usually die even though you have a lot of attacking ships =(

I am building my fleet bit by bit, got about 18 cruisers now and 10 heavy fighters (well, in a few hours I will), so I can raid some of the smaller planets around me that have defenses. Is there some way in which you can protect your cargo ships? They usually die even though you have a lot of attacking ships =(

Not getting your freighters killed:

1. many defense types can "one hit" Small Cargo ships, Large Cargos can take a hit from the lighter defenses

2. shots are randomly generated, the lower your cargo ship/combat ship ratio is, the less likely your cargo is to be hit

- a fleet of 5 cruisers and 5 large cargo ships, the cargo will take half the damage

- a fleet of 8 cruisers and 2 large cargo, the cargo will take 1/5th of the damage

3. the total number of defenses divided by the total number of ships you are attacking with gives a ballpark guess of how many hits each ship will take in a round. if this is 2 or more, your cargo will die

4. less combat rounds means less damage taken

- a cargo may survive a hit but be left with critical structure damage (next hit is a kill). It would survive one round but not two.

5. get a combat simulator!

Rule of thumb: overkill, set up your fleet to blast all defences in one round, check how many defences can "one hit" your cargo ships, take extra cargos in case some get offed.

mrock

yeah what he said. :D

Also what I have been doing is attacking 3 waves with the last wave having all the cargoes. You need a big target and a lot of fleetslots to do this though. For example.

Wave 1 - 30 BS

Wave 2 - 30 BS

Wave 3 - 25 BS, 50 SM Cargo

The 1st 2 waves knock out about 1/2 the defense so by the time the 3rd wave hits its pretty safe.