Objectivism Online Forum

Website On New Server

Rate this topic

Because our old web host had a bad hard drive, I am moving everything to a new server.

If you are reading this, your DNS info has updated to the new stuff. Lots of stuff will probably be broken

Something odd is up with the "find member's posts" feature in member profiles. It returns multiple pages of search results - but on each page of search results, only the top post of the page worth of results is showing.

Have people who use Foxfire figured out how to make things work? Whenever I post something, it returns me to a blank page and it can't ever find a "getlast" value. I deleted the cache to no avail; worse, things seem to work with IE (insert rant about IE). Or am I the only one who's plagued by this??

Edited by DavidOdden

Here's something odd:

On the "View New Posts" page, all the graphical icons (like the folder icons, the attachment icons, the "go to last unread" icons) are replaced with text. In Firefox.

EDIT:

And now they're not. Hmmmmm....

Edited by Qwertz

Have people who use Foxfire figured out how to make things work? Whenever I post something, it returns me to a blank page and it can't ever find a "getlast" value. I deleted the cache to no avail; worse, things seem to work with IE (insert rant about IE). Or am I the only one who's plagued by this??

I'm using Firefox 1.0.5.3 and I'm working pretty much without problem. The only problem I'm encountering is opening any images in posts. I tried opening the ostrich in the TESTING thread and one that's still on my profile that I posted in the past. I get the "required file" warning.

Both edits work and my posts aren't returning a blank page back. I wonder if the lack of blank page has to do with a quirky plug in issue.