Objectivism Online Forum

Online Objectivist Gaming Clans?

Rate this topic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% of my gaming is done using the Steam platform, developed by Valve.

Team Fortress 2

Zombie Master

Zombie Panic: Source

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Killing Floor

Garrys Mod

Splinter Cell Double Agent: Multiplayer

Day Of Defeat: Source

Bioshock 2 Multiplayer

If you want to add me on Steam: juanicastro94

Steam Nick: Skieski (=CG=)

• 4 weeks later...

Concerning EVE online and TTI, their web site gives me an "Internet Explorer cannot display...". Last I heard they still had a fairly solid alliance going but that was a while ago. I might try making contact in game. I'm not interested in leaving the corp I have, but I'm curious about how TTI operates and where they have sov.

In game characters: Steroidonkey, main. (started out as a tauren warrior with a much better resemblance)

metalmetalmetalmetalmeta (metal indeed, and I now know the name length is limited to 24 characters)

Rightwingextremist (sarcasm, see http://www.capmag.com/articlePrint.asp?ID=5506 by Thomas Sowell)

Been playing close to a year now. My alliance (Animosity Conclave, not exactly roleplaying as Objectivists) is trying to sneak some 0.0 within a couple weeks. The former owners are friends who are circling the wagons and downsizing in preparation for a likely upcoming invasion. We have a handfull of carriers and such but if we get noticed, i.e. obliterated by said attackers, it'll be back to lvl4s, lowsec and wormholes.

I recommend the game to anyone who has any interest in MMOs. It has the most complex and player-driven market in the genre. Play it well enough and you can trade in-game profits for a 30-day game card. Skills train passively for those who have other things to do at any given time, but after the first few weeks your "level" affects your role and tactics in a fight rather than always deciding its outcome. The pvp is hardcore, your wrecks will be looted when you die. The makers are dedicated to a hands off policy when it comes to limiting game mechanics, and they release enormous free expansions every 8 months or so. You can own and develop space, and is has lazors.

Orders of magnitude better than WoW, never looking back. :)

Concerning EVE online and TTI, their web site gives me an "Internet Explorer cannot display...". Last I heard they still had a fairly solid alliance going but that was a while ago. I might try making contact in game. I'm not interested in leaving the corp I have, but I'm curious about how TTI operates and where they have sov.

There has been a recent domain change for TTI's site:

new website

We hold no Sovereignty in game. Instead many players have chosen to set up in wormholes. The profits are big and the "Gulch-ness" of being productive while tucked away in an off grid location is pretty cool. :) The website will give you an idea of how TTI operates.

Thanks for the link.

The more I think about it, the more I wish I could go on a mining op or a mission that wasn't thought of as "for the good of the corp". Of course what I do now is on a strictly voluntary basis for the fun of the game, keeping what I produce or investing it into corp projects based on how much I expect to benefit. On the other hand, the mindset of the people I do it with is one of carrying out a duty for the sake of the newer or less active players, competing to see who can build the most free replacement ships or ferry the most station fuel.

I might put in an app eventually.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

The MMORPG Eve-Online has a player made corporation (equivalent to a WoW guild) named "Taggart Transdimensional." It's members and CEO/directors are at the least big fans of Ms Rands work. Many are Objectivists, and you must display a proper sense of life and understanding of Oism in order to join. I'm currently a member and will vouch for it's legitimacy.

A TTI History

Similar but different

Corporate public forums

Very cool. I"m playing Star Wars the Old Republic on the "SIth Wyrm" server, character is Iseeve (the game rejected "Ragnar")

Edited by Spencer W. Morgan

• 10 years later...