Objectivism Online Forum

A New Member

Rate this topic

Hello. I'm a Catholic student from Washington State. I read Atlas Shrugged recently, at the coaxing of some guys on another bulleting board (Los Soldatos: Los Soldatos ), which has its own small objectivist community at the Stump. (If you try to visit the site, you won't see the Stump; the debate section, among other things, is members only.)

So...very interesting philosophy. It's greatly changed my views on economic matters. However, my Catholic beliefs remain the same. In fact, Atlas Shrugged even supplemented it, helping me develop my personal philosophy.

Well...I think I'll be swinging by the Metaphysics section later.

I'm a Catholic student from Washington State.
You would be at Gonzaga then? (don't feel like you have to answer that if you don't want to, just interested).

However, my Catholic beliefs remain the same. In fact, Atlas Shrugged even supplemented it, helping me develop my personal philosophy.

I'm sure we have many threads which can set you straight :confused:...

I would be interested to hear some examples of your "personal philosophy" and how you see it as compatible with your religious beliefs.

Welcome to the forum.

So...very interesting philosophy. It's greatly changed my views on economic matters. However, my Catholic beliefs remain the same. In fact, Atlas Shrugged even supplemented it, helping me develop my personal philosophy.

Well...I think I'll be swinging by the Metaphysics section later.

You will soon find yourself impaled on contradictions if you aattempt to apply Catholicism and Objectivism and it will be either/or. Faith or reason. Altruism or Egoism. Force or freedom.

But we'll see you on the other threads soon no doubt.

And only you can make the choice.

One note: be prepared to start from scratch. Do not hold views taken on faith and be prepared to prove what you say and you will be alright.