Objectivism Online Forum

New Invision Board Version

Rate this topic

Wow. The new Invision Board version has made some major changes to the member profiles.

Clearly someone at Invision Board has been rather obviously inspired by Myspace in several respects. Before you know it, I will be able to stream music files from the profiles on all of the Invision powered forums I participate in and it will be a fad to post pseudo-naughty pictures of one's self! :D

One change about the new version that I rather dislike is the elimination of the option to pull up all of a member's past postings. The new version has a very visible tab through which one can access a person's most recent postings. But it is limited to something like the last five postings. The old version had a link where one could pull up all of a member's postings. That was a feature I occasionally used whenever I stumbled across a person on a forum whose postings struck me as being especially interesting or intelligent. I assume one can still do the same thing through the search area - but pulling it up through the profile was much easier.

One thing people may want to do is check their own profiles to see if their profile information survived the change over. All my information except for the image I posted of my radio station's logo came through all right. However, I checked the profile of a friend of mine who posts here and all of the information he had about himself in his old profile was gone (unless, of course, he deleted it since I last looked at his profile, which I rather doubt was the case)

Overall, I still think Invision Power Board is the very best forum software out there. But I sometimes think they go a bit overboard in some of the changes they make with the various new versions. I still dislike that default feature from a few versions ago where postings in the same thread by the same author made within a certain period of time are automatically combined into one posting.

Anyhow, kudos to GreedyCapitalist for continuing to make this nice forum possible.

One change about the new version that I rather dislike is the elimination of the option to pull up all of a member's past postings. The new version has a very visible tab through which one can access a person's most recent postings. But it is limited to something like the last five postings.

Well, after I posted that, I then discovered that one can still pull up all of a member's previous postings by clicking on the member's name at the top of each posting. That is actually a better place for such a link.