Objectivism Online Forum

Affordable Art

Rate this topic

Spano

I'm moving into a new apartment and have decided to get some artwork to cover the bare walls. I'm a big fan of the romantic realist artists at Cordair Fine Art, but the $400 or more for a print is a bit out of my price range. Therefore, I went to looking for other art that I liked, but which I could actually afford to hang on my walls. I visited www.art.com, which has a huge selection of fairly cheap prints, and managed to find some I like. Here's a link to the gallery of those that caught my eye:

My wish list gallery

Does anyone else have any favorite art, especially in the romantic realist style, that is available online and affordable? If so, please share!

While not exactly affordable if you are looking for a large print, smaller prints are very cheap and you may find something you like at artrenewal.org. I skimmed through the "Browse By Artists" section and my favorite was William Bouguereau (observe his technique!), who is also the painter for the site's opening image. Some of his more famous pieces are Le Ravissement and L'Amour et Psyche, while a couple I just discovered and admire are Naissance de Venus and Sur la Greve. The subjects and poses in most of his work I do not enjoy much, but Bouguereau was obviously a master at painting.

I just discovered this site and have yet to read through it. The drop-down menu at the bottom of each painting's page has different prices than the text on the page, so you may have to send an e-mail for clarification if you would like to order.

At any rate, there are many more paintings to choose than from Quent Cordair if you are looking for prints, and much of it is quite good.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...