Objectivism Online Forum

(warning: pseudoscience) 3200 miles per gallon

Rate this topic

Ehre

Perhaps it's being kept under wraps to not put so many companies out of business?
Things don't work that way, because there are billions of dollars held by fairly patient people with the gumption and power to take on any company in the world.

Woops.

That's water + electricity (i.e. energy input). The thermodynamics and energy usage of electrolysis are well known. This is basically an electric car, that happens to use a chemical "last step". 3200 miles to te gallon, and how many miles per corresponding electrical charge???

That's water + electricity (i.e. energy input). The thermodynamics and energy usage of electrolysis are well known. This is basically an electric car, that happens to use a chemical "last step". 3200 miles to te gallon, and how many miles per corresponding electrical charge???
That's okay, you can generate electricity by burning coal or various petroleum distillates. Or ethanol, made from corn. And the neat thing is, you could run the tractors on the same water fuel.

That's okay, you can generate electricity by burning coal or various petroleum distillates. Or ethanol, made from corn. And the neat thing is, you could run the tractors on the same water fuel.

You certainly can do it. My only point was that the economics to do it are not new, and the driving force to switch in reality is probably not more than the driving force to switch to electric cars, which is minimal.

You certainly can do it. My only point was that the economics to do it are not new, and the driving force to switch in reality is probably not more than the driving force to switch to electric cars, which is minimal.
Nuts, the implicit perpetual-motion machine humor was too subtle.

These guys, about half-way down (search "Dennis Lee vs the Laws of Physics") and this magician, about half-way down, also comment on Mr. Lee's wonder torch, the magician mentioning the possibility that there are laws against this behavior (under fraud statutes).

• 1 year later...
Water could actually be one of the best options in my opinion, there was a man named Stan Meyer who reportedly achieved this. there even a video on Youtube about his car.
A local crank, who had the decency to die a year ago, and perpetrated fraud on investors with his snake oil. Although he died of a brain aneurism, I've seen lunatics claiming that he was murdered.