Objectivism Online Forum

New Google Ads / Advertising on ObjectivismOnline

Rate this topic

They cover up some top-row buttons, under some magnifications on Foxfire that I use to be able to see stuff); then the Fountainhead link disappears with one degree of magnification. Just a spacing thing. The bottom links are more effective, I think.

OMG, taking ads from the fundies. My head is spinning.

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but my ads are showing all wierd (as if it were using foreign characters) in Firefox 2.0.0.1

Edit: Apparently, all the ads I'm seeing are for Asian companies/organizations. Interesting that those ads would appear on site dedicated to Objectivism.

post-3505-1168974731_thumb.png

Edited by Chops

Edit: Apparently, all the ads I'm seeing are for Asian companies/organizations. Interesting that those ads would appear on site dedicated to Objectivism.

Me too. Very strange.

They cover up some top-row buttons, under some magnifications on Foxfire that I use to be able to see stuff); then the Fountainhead link disappears with one degree of magnification. Just a spacing thing. The bottom links are more effective, I think.

Are you saying the ad links are covered up or the forum links? I'm only having issues with ad links being covered up (which is fine) when I magnify in FX.

I'll take a stab. Did you use "???" as a keyword because you didn't know what to put?

Edit: If you click the bar on the very bottom of the ad window it takes you to a google landing page where there is a whole list of languages to choose from. English is not the default. Maybe there is some google adsense setting for language that is improperly set.

Edit 2: "You can select your site's primary language during the application process. If you're approved, AdSense will serve relevant ads to your pages in the appropriate language, even if your site contains multiple supported languages."

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/...amp;ctx=sibling

Edited by Nate

Blech. Google's ad targeting must be wonky.
If Satanists, True Churches and Goth dating sites want to waste their money, paying OO.net ... well, it's just too bad for them, I say.

This really is the irony of internet keyword based advertising: one's ads are displayed prominently in pages where one's viewpoint is being thoroughly criticized.

One downside to ads from our opposition is that Google only charges for clicks, not views. So ads that are interesting to our members go away faster than those which are not as they reach their maximum number of clicks sooner.