Objectivism Online Forum

Handwriting Analysis

Rate this topic

Just wanted to know your opinions on Handwriting Analysis. Is such an analysis scientific? Are it's predictions in any way correct?

I, for one, have always been plagued by a really bad handwriting. I have improved it quite a bit from my early school days, but even now if I try to write fast (say for exams), my writing really goes bad and often quite illegible.

Has anyone here been able to overcome such a problem? I would love to find a solution to it.

Dinesh.

I believe you CAN deduce some facts about the person, with relevant accuracy, from his handwriting.

For example, experts can know with almost complete certainty if the writer is a man or a woman, calm or excited, sure of himself or hesitant.

I think any analysis beyond this is far fetched, and even mystical.

"Has anyone here been able to overcome such a problem? I would love to find a solution to it."

yes, the people here have been able to handle that problem quite nicely for me

JK

you may want to research "dysgraphia" and see if anything effective has been developed.

Or if you know an occupational therapist, they may be able to suggest some hand exercises. but from what I agather the research on this is not very strong.

But most likely the cause is just "your mind thinks much faster than your ability to write"

however if you feel that there is a cause beyond this and you feel it is interfering with your coursework, you are eligibile for testing accomodations under Fedaral disabilities laws. (Such as taking the exam on a computer, or orally replying to questions) information about ADA, Section 504 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, and other such laws is available from the appropriate school official.

Now you may or may not have scruples about making use of these legal entitlements. And that is fine. But you are eligible. At the very least you may want to consider whether your professor might be open to approaching him about alternative ways of proving your cold knowledge of the material.

Finally, you may solve the problem as I have done by becoming rich and hiring an assistant to do all that handwriting stuff.

Finally, you may solve the problem as I have done by becoming rich and hiring an assistant to do all that handwriting stuff.

LOL :) Thats certainly the plan. I actually was thinking more in terms of developing a robotic hand, so that it could write for me ;)

I have no physical disability of my hand, so I doubt I can cite such a rule. I don't even know if the Indian Edication system has any such ruling.

your mind thinks much faster than your ability to write

That was good :)

Dinesh.