Objectivism Online Forum

Random list of Universities and companies accessing ObjectivismOnline

Rate this topic

Here is a random list of ISP's accessing ObjectivismOnline.Net homepage from Jan 1-5 this month. For example, when you see Microsoft on the list, it means that someone accessed www.ObjectivismOnline.net from their computer at Microsoft Corporation.

Disclaimer:

This list is very limited - the total number is ISP's is 2,197, and only pages on www.ObjectivismOnline are tracked. The forum gets about 10x as many hits. ISP's are ordered in descending order of popularity. The selection criteria used to make this list is meant to be representative of how many people at each organization access this site on a weekly basis.

I don't think I'm violating anyone's privacy simply by mentioning their ISP - let me know if you want something removed. I've picked the selected ISP's solely based on their interestingness to me. There are hundreds of schools and companies not on the list. This information is provided solely for your curiosity - please do not distribute it elsewhere.

University of Chicago (#1 school by far)

North Carolina Research and Education Network

University of New Hampshire

Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School

Ayn Rand Institute

Boise State University

The University of Texas Health Science Center

Boise State University

Purdue University

Oregon Health & Science University

Indiana University

California Institute of Technology

HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY

Miami University

Rochester Institute of Technology

Microsoft Corp

eBay

Stanford University

University of Akron

The Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A.

Oregon State University

Worcester Polytechnic Institute

University of California, Irvine

Brown University

Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville

University of Central Arkansas

Michigan State University

University of Arkansas

University of Minnesota

Merrill Lynch and Company

Congressional Budget Office

University of California, Davis

University of Virginia

US Dept of Justice

Cornell University

Dell Computer Corporation

State of Colorado DOT

U.S. Department of State

Brasil Telecom S/A - Filial Distrito Federal

University of North Carolina

University of Colorado

Beckos, Nigeria

Queen's University

University of Texas

Vanderbilt University

Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Here is a list of countries with the number of visitors

United States 1890

United Kingdom 70

Canada 57

Australia 54

Sweden 18

Finland 15

Philippines 11

India 9

Switzerland 8

Italy 8

Sri Lanka 7

Israel 5

Romania

Mexico 4

New Zealand 4

Poland 3

Edited by GreedyCapitalist

I noticed that there are 39 countries that accessed the homepage from Jan 1-5. It's likely that this website is regularly visited by someone at nearly every wired nation around the world - in addition to most major American universities, many of the Fortune ~100 companies, and a number of state and federal agencies.

The selection criteria used to make this list is meant to be representative of how many people at each organization access this site on a weekly basis.

Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School

How is that possible? I'm pretty sure (read: 100%) I'm the only one from my school who accesses the site...

Well, the rankings are based on the number of hits. Did you browse the main website a lot during Jan 1-5?

I guess it's possible... I'm on the site pretty much all the time during school. I thought maybe you had it indexed by ip address or something, guess not.

I guess it's possible... I'm on the site pretty much all the time during school. I thought maybe you had it indexed by ip address or something, guess not.

I wonder if I managed to put UChicago at the top of the list by myself as well... Out of curiosity - if there any other posters (or viewers) from UChicago post a response...

I wonder if I managed to put UChicago at the top of the list by myself as well... Out of curiosity - if there any other posters (or viewers) from UChicago post a response...

Keep in mind that the list is generated by the main site rather than the forum. It's possible that most of those hits are coming from Google searches.