Objectivism Online Forum

Digg: Chavez fixes prices,profit motive evaporates,Result: massive fo

Rate this topic

By David from Truth, Justice, and the American Way,cross-posted by MetaBlog

CARACAS, Venezuela — Meat cuts vanished from Venezuelan supermarkets this week, leaving only unsavory bits like chicken feet, while costly artificial sweeteners have increasingly replaced sugar, and many staples sell far above government-fixed prices.

read more | digg story

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/blog/archives/002261.html

By David from Truth, Justice, and the American Way,cross-posted by MetaBlog

CARACAS, Venezuela — Meat cuts vanished from Venezuelan supermarkets this week, leaving only unsavory bits like chicken feet, while costly artificial sweeteners have increasingly replaced sugar, and many staples sell far above government-fixed prices.

It fascinates me that people cannot learn from all of the, I'm gonna go with hundreds of examples of how this doesn't work at all. Enjoy your starvation Venezuala. Shouldn't have voted for Hillary Clinton, ya morons....oh wait...

I hope he gets overthrown as well and they do to him what they did to Saddam Hussein.

However, I don't think he is at all concerned about everything falling apart. The man has been to Cuba many times and is pals with Castro. He knows where all of this is leading to - and I think that is exactly what he wants. Cuba is so backwards and impoverished that people are meek and simply obey orders. And most of the people in Cuba with money and education - i.e. the people most impacted by the slide into total poverty and the people who would be most articulate and effective in speaking out against the regime - managed to get out in the early 1960s. What was left was mostly that country's poor which did not have much to start with. Don't be too surprised if there is a huge mass emigration of brains and educated people out of Venezuela once Chavez has finished looting all of their property. What good are such people to him once he has their wealth? Once he loots what they have and they are gone, then he will have a population of mostly illiterate peasants to lord over along with the oil money to finance his various schemes in other countries. My guess is that is what his game is.