Objectivism Online Forum

Why did my post end up in the Trash?

Rate this topic

I just posted a note today for a problem I need to solve for an activity we are involved in. I went to see if anyone posted a reply and found it in the TRASH folder. Did i do something wrong? Please help.

Post is Titled: Babylonian mathematics, plimpton 322 puzzle need help on...

That was your first post, stranger :)

Usually, when someone posts a link without text, or a graphic with little explanation, or a problem unrelated to Objectivism or Philosophy, and if that's a first post from a stranger... the person is classified as a troll and the thread is deleted.

Not that we don't share the odd puzzler or two, but neither do we want this to become the puzzler board for all and sundry. Nothing against you or puzzlers -- it's just a question of the purposes of this particular forum. (Check the Forum Rules for info on the purpose of this board.)

I too noticed that I could no longer find my posts in the 'recent' list and did a search, only to find that they were in the Trash folder as well. And they were not spam or links with no text. They were thoughtfully-written comments about things that happened to me.

Worse than BroadbandReports.com, ObjectivismOnline's moderators don't even bother to send you a note that you've broken some rule. Instead, one ends up wasting time hunting for a post that no longer exists where it was posted.

I know that the board's admin has contempt for me as a person, ever since I pointed out last year that OOL had a problem with popup spam ads. It turned out in the end that the problem was with the board and not my computers. Instead of an apology, I get more of the same belligerant attitude from the admin and, to a lesser extent, the other mods here.

You folks are pretty bright here, and closer to the real Objectivist thinking than folks on another board where Barbara Branden hides out, but in terms of personability, you leave something left to be desired.

Not to rant, but I think it would be decent and courteous to inform someone that their post was unsuited and being trashcanned. Don't leave us to go hunting for nothing.

I deleted your posts because rants about one's personal life are not appropriate for this forum - that belongs on a blog, if anything. You know this, since you used your blog on this site for that purpose, and when no one paid attention, I suspect you picked a more public medium.

I already pointed your behavioral problems, which is why I don't feel the need to do so every other time. If you haven't heard from me, it's only because I haven't decided whether to ban you yet.

If anyone has concerns with particular actions of moderators (as opposed to questions about the policies of this board) you should message them (or me) directly.

Edited by GreedyCapitalist