Objectivism Online Forum

Daylight Savings Time Correction

Rate this topic

The politicians on capitol hill have decided to make Daylight Savings Time begin early this year to save energy. Unfortunately, the didn't consider all the software out there that depends on the old date. If your time on the forum is an hour off, go here and uncheck "Auto correct DST?" That fixed it for me.

test

edit: 5-minute rule add-on to this test post follows below...

The timestamps on (all before the time change?) posts and pms has been pushed forward and hour, yet the forum time displays correctly for me and the timestamps for recent posts, such as my test post above are correct.

Edited by Nate

This might normally go in a different forum section, but under the circumstances I think the following link could stand to stay in this thread. This came up via Yahoo news:

Courtesy of NBC in Florida

http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle....&z=3&p=

It doesn't take much for Atlas to shrug a little!

Another thought... This is a situation which is similar to what was supposed to happen with the Y2K bug. Yet, that wasn't such a big deal from what I've read, and here we have Congress _intentionally_ pushing a set of circumstances that wasn't asked for or desired in the first place. There was no way to plan for such a consideration which means (as usual) that businessmen are caught having to counteract the effects of supposed "good government".

Edited by tps_fan