Objectivism Online Forum

The Edge of Reason

Rate this topic

dan_edge

Greetings all,

I have just created a new blog: The Edge of Reason . It contains a collection of my thoughts and essays on a variety of subjects, focused primarily on psycho-epistemology and romantic love psychology. There are 11 articles to kick it off. Some have already been posted on Objectivism Online, but they are collected here in one place. A few articles of interest:

- Objectivism and the Correspondence Theory of Truth - I wrote this paper for my Senior Seminar in Philosophy class at the University of South Carolina. It attempts to reconcile Objectivist epistemology with the traditional correspondence theory of truth.

- The Psycho-Epistemology of Acting - This short essay discusses elements of Stanislovski's "Method" of acting in psycho-epistemological terms.

- Mind-Body Integration - This is a foundational paper on psycho-epistemology arguing that automatized sense-perceptions, automatized physical motions, automatized concepts, and automatized value judgments are treated by the subconscious as related units.

- The Morality of Monogamy - An oldie but goodie! I originally wrote this paper over 6 years ago, and recently edited it down significantly. It presents my argument that a long term, monogamous, romantic love relationship is the ideal vehicle for psychological visibility.

- The Psycho-Epistemology of Sexuality - Coming soon! This will be my first feature-article length essay, currently being written using techniques learned in OAC class (thanks Keith and crew!). This essay represents an integration of arguments made in my previous articles. The theme is: "The psychological experience of sexuality is rooted in one's positive evaluation of his gender as an integrated, individuating element of self; and it is experienced to the fullest through psychological visibility in the context of a romantic love relationship."

I welcome feedback on these and other essays.

--Dan Edge