Objectivism Online Forum

Carrie Graber

Rate this topic

~Sophia~

OK, I"ll bite. Why?

She captured the passion, the enjoyment, and even usefulness of reading in various painting such as, Sunlit Poetry, Love Poem, etc.

I want to see Graber capture that in the artist themselves, esp. in a writer. A moment when you finally say something the way that you want to, or the various places or things that you have to write on just to get your ideas down. I usually have to catch them on paper or some will just fly away - can't always remember, you know?

For example, I'd like to see this, which is taken from a scene from my novoul (in its first draft mind you):

"Time is relative to the speed of her pen…writing so much, so fast…its like when her pen stopped everything around her had aged just a bit…or maybe she did…literarily. But now that the snow stopped, she could see far enough up town to notice that lights in part of the conservatory were still on. She’s standing in the cold night air all bundled up…imagining how much that he isn’t…"

[...]

"She went back in the hotel and picked up a tired pen, but she barely wrote much until she fell asleep and the pen that she was holding passed out onto the white pillow of the page to sleep next to her."

Edited by intellectualammo