Objectivism Online Forum

This picture is depressing.

Rate this topic

No, the right word is "allows". In a basically moral society, huge wealth is possible. OMG LOLZ I just bought a new vehicle for a whole year's salary of 20 year's ago and I paid cash. (This is true, I really did, today). A moral society where people act on principle and understand the difference between right acts and wrong ones makes possible the creation of stunning wealth, and dramatically lessons the consequences of immoral acts (acts that formerly would have led to certain death may now simply lead to some necessary payments). The earlier tight correlation between morality and life -- or, immorality and the ultimate wage to be paid for it -- has loosened, and this allows people to conclude that morality is a silly optional add-on that is the concern of uptight fuddy-duddies.

Hmmm, I'm having trouble understanding, but I just woke up too. But are you saying since there is more wealth around, it's easier to survive, so decisions for survival become easier to make, or at least, less consqenutial?

For instance, getting stupid drunk all the time, in other parts of history, would of lead to sheer death because you would be forced to deal with bigger problems?

Ehhh, on another note, I saw the preview for the Miss Neveda interview with Dr.Phil and she still insists that she is "just being silly!" B) I might miss it though, I have to work when it comes on. :(