Objectivism Online Forum

Write me a screenplay!

Rate this topic

libGommi

Hello. I am unsure how to go about this, though I will begin by saying that I greatly enjoy the novels of Ayn Rand. The ways in which her stories are structured are engaging and entertaining, with good characterization.

My friends and I make amateur films based on our original ideas, colloborating to write our own scripts and eventually filming and editing it. Recently I have decided that it would be a great experience to adapt someone else's original screenplay, and who else to approach for this but fans of one of my favorate authors! So, if there are aspiring writers among you, I call upon you to participate in a fun, creative project.

As an example of one of my previous works, I present to you 'The Geeks': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VgLabk-TsU

The Geeks is the story of a group of friends who immerse themselves in Geek culture, being the love of games, media, and fiction. The friends include three boys named Jon, Paul, and Swean. Eventually however, one of the friends is negatively influenced by a drug abuser named Agro, causing him to lose his identity. The story represents Geekdom as a positive and virtuous way of life, while condemning drug use and the "raver" trend as regressive and wrong. By the end of the movie, the main character regains his Geek identity with the help of his friends, and happily continues his life. The plot can be perceived as objective, and we hope to inspire you!

From this video our acting limitations are quite obvious, so please take this into consideration. If you choose to write a screenplay, the maximum cast is 10 people, all of which are males, and the plot must be about teenagers. It is also preferable that the movie is relatively short.

So, if you enjoyed our work and would like to see your own vision come to life, offer a short synopsis for a potential story, and we would be happy to adapt it, giving you credit.