Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Objective Reality and Objective Living

monart
    By monart,
    OBJECTIVE REALITY AND OBJECTIVE LIVING   [Here are some highlights, from the perspective of self-realization and self-betterment, of the meaning of the concept of Reality or Existence:  the widest, most abstract and fundamental of all concepts, subsuming and integrating all other concepts – yet, at the same time, it’s the most simple, concrete, directly observable concept, seen in each and every thing that’s real and exists. Reality exists all arou

People of the State of New York v. Donald J. Trump

Boydstun
    By Boydstun,
    Statement of Facts in the Indictment – 4/4/23

Is there a recording of the Albert Ellis/NB debate?

Skylark1
    By Skylark1,
    For a friend.

How To Be Happy

KyaryPamyu
    By KyaryPamyu,
    Schopenhauer was a big influence on Nietzsche, and Rand liked Nietzsche more than just a little. "His 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' is my Bible.  I can never commit suicide while I have it.", wrote Rand, answering a questionnaire, circa 1935[1]. By way of spiritual lineage, could it be that some of Schopenhauer's ethos inadvertently found its way into Objectivism? Well, probably not, but I'm getting paranoid! It's time for a trip down philosophical hall of fame. Like many philosophers of his era

Donald Trump

Skylark1
    By Skylark1,
    What do you guys think about President Trump? Or is it still too early to form an opinion?

Reblogged:Also, Don't Be a Dragon!

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    Jerry Liu offers the following advice, which fellow role-playing gamers will find easy to translate into real-life terms and quite memorable: Use your potions and scrolls. He opens with a familiar scenario:The answer to his last question arrives from an experiment that it's probably fair to say went better than he expected:Liu elaborates on his lesson, in the rest of his short, thought-provoking post. One insight worth remembering is that many things are actually not single-use -- although they

Israelo-Palestinian Conflict: 2023 Edition

AlexL
    By AlexL,
    Breaking News -- Israel Under Attack     

Reblogged:Left 'White'-Washes Anti-Semitism

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    Some time back, I tweeted a Value for Value post by Peter Schwartz which explains how our culture's dominant ethical code, altruism, justifies supporting Hamas over Israel, despite the demands of justice to do exactly the opposite. Schwartz says in part:Now that Iran, a nation nearly ten times more populous than Israel, has more directly waged war against Israel, it would be interesting to quiz the above schoolteacher about which side she is on. I would not expect her allegiance to have shifte

These Hours of Resonant Existence

Boydstun
    By Boydstun,
    These Hours of Resonant Existence

Reblogged:Biden vs. Gig Work Update

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    Over at Reason, John Stossel notes that "The Labor Department just imposed 300 pages of new regulations to reclassify many individual contractors as payroll employees." Great. I guess that's why our tax preparer had all sorts of questions about gig work for us this year. Naturally, news media uncritically parrot the administration's alleged justifications for the changes, despite the fact that, as Stossel reminds us, this terrible idea has already been tried and failed in California:Stossel al

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS