Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Objective Reality and Objective Living

monart
    By monart,
    OBJECTIVE REALITY AND OBJECTIVE LIVING   [Here are some highlights, from the perspective of self-realization and self-betterment, of the meaning of the concept of Reality or Existence:  the widest, most abstract and fundamental of all concepts, subsuming and integrating all other concepts – yet, at the same time, it’s the most simple, concrete, directly observable concept, seen in each and every thing that’s real and exists. Reality exists all arou

Reblogged:Left 'White'-Washes Anti-Semitism

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    Some time back, I tweeted a Value for Value post by Peter Schwartz which explains how our culture's dominant ethical code, altruism, justifies supporting Hamas over Israel, despite the demands of justice to do exactly the opposite. Schwartz says in part:Now that Iran, a nation nearly ten times more populous than Israel, has more directly waged war against Israel, it would be interesting to quiz the above schoolteacher about which side she is on. I would not expect her allegiance to have shifte

Israelo-Palestinian Conflict: 2023 Edition

AlexL
    By AlexL,
    Breaking News -- Israel Under Attack     

These Hours of Resonant Existence

Boydstun
    By Boydstun,
    These Hours of Resonant Existence

Reblogged:Barbarians Escalate Against Israel

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    Over the weekend and from its own territory, Iran launched a barrage of hundreds of drones and missiles at Israel, using Israel's attack on its "embassy" in Syria as an excuse. I recommend Yaron Brook's real-time reporting and commentary (embedded here). I was out running errands when I began listening. Any time I checked, I found him to be well ahead of other outlets both in terms of timeliness and quality of information. The whole thing was barely a blip in mainstream media, and even sites

Why Be Moral - The Real Reason - From Metaphysics to Morals

monart
    By monart,
    WHY BE MORAL - THE REAL REASON   Be Moral - To Live From Metaphysics to Morals Towards Self-Realization and Self-Betterment   [Presented as a syllogistic synopsis] ----   Reality exists - objectively, absolutely. To believe that reality doesn’t exist is to bel

How To Be Happy

KyaryPamyu
    By KyaryPamyu,
    Schopenhauer was a big influence on Nietzsche, and Rand liked Nietzsche more than just a little. "His 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' is my Bible.  I can never commit suicide while I have it.", wrote Rand, answering a questionnaire, circa 1935[1]. By way of spiritual lineage, could it be that some of Schopenhauer's ethos inadvertently found its way into Objectivism? Well, probably not, but I'm getting paranoid! It's time for a trip down philosophical hall of fame. Like many philosophers of his era

Reblogged:Blog Roundup

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    A Friday Hodgepodge 1. According to New ideal, the Ayn Rand Institute is promoting a booklet titled Finding Morality and Happiness Without God, and quotes author Onkar Ghate:Mentioning happiness in the title should intrigue the more active-minded: Thanks to religion, most people associate fear and guilt with morality, and are reluctant if not afraid to think about this life-and-death topic. We can blame the all-encompassing cultural stranglehold of religion for the fact that, while the true pu

Reblogged:One Day, Two Disasters in Louisiana

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    This morning, I read about two disasters, one natural and one man-made, that happened yesterday in Louisiana. Debris lines show the extent of the flooding. The faint uppermost line is less than a foot below doorstep level. (Image by the author, copying permitted.)The former took the form of a nasty storm that not only spawned a tornado that touched down northeast of New Orleans, but also dumped over half a foot of rain within a couple of hours. Fortunately for us, our neighborhood got just the

Selfish Christians Citing Ayn Rand

monart
    By monart,
    Christians are many, Objectivists are few. But a very few Christians are friendly to Ayn Rand, studying and citing her work, along with Peikoff's. Are they the better or the worse Christians? Are they to be scoffed away as deluded walking contradictions and exploitive hypocrites, or be regarded with some serious respect and be shown how to go all the way?   Selfish Christians Citing Ayn Rand Apparently, not all Christians are altruistic. There are the very few who advocate rationa

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS