Objectivism Online Forum

Life, Mind and NIOF principle

Rate this topic

Leonid

You are habitually assigning statements to Rand, that she never made, by changing words to fit whatever nonsense you're trying to prove. I pointed out that this last time you replaced man with life. That's all, I don't care about any of this, beyond that. If you can't quote Rand accurately, you shouldn't mention her at all.

Again, that's a statement about people, not life in general. Your claims are about life.

Rand referred to "life itself". This is accurate quotation. Read the book. "Again, that's a statement about people, not life in general. Your claims are about life. "

You imply that concept of man is unrelated to the concept of life. This is complete self-evident nonsense. However if you think that I talk nonsense, then onus of proof is on you. So far you failed to exhibit any meaningful argument to disprove my claims.

Edited by Leonid

Galt decided to give a speech to plants, on the radio, letting them know they are an indivisible entity of matter and consciousness?

You sorely miss the point all the time. All living beings have one essential property in common-the ability to initiate goal-orientated actions in order to sustain their life. They "know" how to want. However different species have different tools to do so. Plants have hard-wired mechanisms, lion has instinct, man has mind (or at least suppose to.). Man cannot live as plant and vice versa. So your sarcasm is out of place.