Welcome Guest

Navigation

• Objectivism Online Wiki

On Social Media:

Welcome to Objectivism Online Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

In her handbag - The Fountainhead

* * * * * 1 votes

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Yitzhak Finnegan

Yitzhak Finnegan

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
In the current issue of Blades On Ice, there is a three pager on Quebec figure skater Joannie Rochette, where they talk about her improvement in English. As proof of this, she reaches into her handbag and pulls out a copy of The Fountainhead, adding "I'm really enjoying it".
We can walk aour roads together, if our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim.

Yitzhak Finnegan

Yitzhak Finnegan

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

In the current issue of Blades On Ice, there is a three pager on Quebec figure skater Joannie Rochette, where they talk about her improvement in English. As proof of this, she reaches into her handbag and pulls out a copy of The Fountainhead, adding "I'm really enjoying it".

An update: Visit My Website
Man, to go through what she did, losing her mother to a heart attack just 2 days before competing in the Olympics, and ultimately winning a Bronze medal for her country on homesoil, really has been an inspiration for millions. And read her comments on The Fountainhead at the end of the article.

Edited by Yitzhak Finnegan, 21 March 2010 - 05:29 AM.

We can walk aour roads together, if our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim.

flatlander

flatlander

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Rochette's performances at the Vancouver Olympics were a couple of major highlights of the games. It is wonderful to see this promising young woman reading Ayn Rand's novels, and publicly praising the philosophy.

Yitzhak Finnegan

Yitzhak Finnegan

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ah...the virtue of selfishness indeed. Go to this link: NY Times article Mother wanted her to think of herself first because she wanted her to be strong. Well, look where that strength brought her.

Edited by Yitzhak Finnegan, 24 April 2010 - 06:09 PM.

Yitzhak Finnegan

Yitzhak Finnegan

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
As you can guess by my avitar, I met her in person in Calgary. Mentioned to her that I read The Fountainhead when I was 19, and she responds "Yes, it was really challenging for a French person".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users