Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Your Newest Medical Right

Pericles(MBA)
    By Pericles(MBA),
    What medical right could be better than one that improves your immune function? According to studies employers will pay billions of dollars for healthcare expenses in 2005. What if there existed a product that could provide preventative medicine to improve employee health? As many of you know, I research medical developments in my free time. Recently I came across a product that is being paid for by ACCHHS(state healthcare) and Medicare to treat people here in Arizona. I was so excite

Nas

NAS
    By NAS,
    Hi all, I'm a high school student in Washington State. I read the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged a few years ago, and they really didn't have a big impact on me (I think I was too young). I just finished rereading them, and they got me interested in philosophy in general. I'm spending the summer trying to define my philosophy. So far, I agree with Rand, but I'm trying to build my philosphy from the ground up (so I can be sure) and to convince myself. Anyhow, Hi!

How does one practice morality in a mixed economy?

galt
    By galt,
    john galt says that there are two sides to every issue-one side is right and the other is wrong ,but the middle is always evil. are we all not betraying him by choosing the middle path. this brings me to my own case........i live in a country where most of the basic amneities provided by the govt. - my education, the electricity, rail and roads etc etc. so am i immoral? suppose i want to payback all this debt after completing my education......how do i do that : paying tax will be f

Living The Objectvist Ethics..always?

jinu
    By jinu,
    Objectivism as a philosophy is a guide to living your life, and if one was raised under normal conditions it's the best philosophy to live by. But in those cases where someone starts off in life on the wrong foot, is it not conceivable to only partly follow the philosophy? In a sense create your own version of Objectivism that best appliest to you. It would be the most selfish thing to do because it's what's best for your life, so really it follows the basic tenent of Objectivism that says yo

Bush And Faith

xobject
    By xobject,
    Someone cares to comment on my blog.

Building safety/food and drug standards

amagi
    By amagi,
    In my city, Chicago, a series of fatal incidents involving fires, colapsing buildings, and the like over the last year have led to demands for far more extensive government control of building safety standards. I cannot recall hearing even one dissenting voice amongst the calls for greater regulatation. Everything from sprinkler systems in almost every room, to massive renovation of older buildings, to elevators built on the outside of buildings has been proposed--all to be mandated by the gov

From Holland

xobject
    By xobject,
    Hi all, I am from Netherlands. I am currently searching for any Objectivism related clubs/organizations in Holland [Europe] I can't seem to find one. Till then forums and websites are my only way of comminication on OPAR. I am interested in computers, politics, physics, internet, reading, worthwhile watcing movies and writting. I was hoping to find some fellow dutch people here, but i am almost sure that i am the only one.

Evolution

BrentRolfe
    By BrentRolfe,
    I don't have any difficulty in believing in the theory of evolution (I say believe because I am not qualified to pass scientific judgement). What I don't understand is how chemical elements could accidentally combine to "create" life from a chemical soup of available elements. Is it possible that this great leap forward to end all great leaps forward occured by accident? That one step, from dead to live, is the one remaining thread linking me to some form of "higher power" that I can't

"Non Objectivist" Topics

samfuller
    By samfuller,
    When I'm with objectivist buddies, we sometimes talk philosophy, but we often do not. It would be nice if one could have objectivist chat rooms that are not directly related to objectivism. These would be places where objectivists could chat about things as friends. Non-objectivist newsgroups are better for some very specific topics (rec.gardens.cacti), or very technical topics (sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera). On the other hand, there are some topics that are "closer" to philosophy than

Hello

Erez Tal
    By Erez Tal,
    My name is Erez Tal, I'm 24 years old, from Israel. I study orchestral conducting, in Tel Aviv University. I am finishing my degree this year. I also play the cello, piano and especialy sing. I came into objectivism about 6 years ago, which was revealed to me mostly by my good friend Eran Dror who also happend to bring me to this site and deserves a very big credit for all of it . I've read most of AR's writings of course and consider myself an objectivist. As for Israel, I believ

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS