Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Some strange posting dates

stephen_speicher
    By stephen_speicher,
    I wonder if anyone else has noticed that sometimes the posting date in the "Last Action" column of a subject forum has the wrong date. For instance, right now in the "Miscellaneous" forum, I see the following: ---------Topic Title----------------------- ... ----------Last Action------------------ Poll: Pro Choice = Pro Death Penalty?..........1st June 2004 - 11:44 AM (Pages 1 2 3 ...9 )agree or disagree?...........Last Post by: mvkormes But, if you click on that last post, when

Where To Go For Enlightenment?

IdentityCrisis
    By IdentityCrisis,
    I started a thread on the CapMag forums and was told about this forum, so I figured I should bring this up here as well. There was an objectivist exercise scientist and bodybuilder named Mike Mentzer who, after a great deal of both theorization and in-the-trenches expirementation, discovered that much of the conventional wisdom on exercise is not only useless but harmful. I tried his program instead, and got wonderful results. But the thing is that I never would have heard

Hippie Here

hippie
    By hippie,
    Hello, all. I'm Adam, I spend most of my year in Boston at Brandeis University but come home to Florida in the summer. I have majors in philosophy and history, and I intend to get a masters in philosophy at NYU. I may tack on a major in Spanish if I can work it in. I will be studying in Israel during the coming spring. I like to travel and have been to Britain, France, Canada, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, Greece, and Switzerland. I would truly like

Sports And Objectivism

HankRearden
    By HankRearden,
    Are sports consistent wtih Objectivism? What is the social value of professional sports? What is the personal value?

New Bio Of Genghis Khan

dmw
    By dmw,
    My friend [who has no email account] has just read Jack Weatherford's new biography of genghis khan and would like to discuss it with an objectivist who has also read the book, as she finds several interesting ideas therein that she believes can only be understood by one with an objectivist viewpoint.

This Is The Kind Of Thread...

RationalBiker
    By RationalBiker,
    which yes, is my fault. http://www.politicalmachine.com/Forums.asp...AID=17858#68161 Most notably my later comments where I resort to sarcasm. The thread relates to the ACLU opposing some measures regarding train security. Of note, several people don't mind that some folks be subject to scrutiny while others go unnoticed. Either that, or they wouldn't mind if they instituted random checks and base security efforts on luck. Finally, one person says In following the thr

What Would Be Your Response To This?

the tortured one
    By the tortured one,
    This reeks of big government interference and underlaying causes that this website does not address. Drowning in an Ocean of Plastic does anyone know where I can do research on this subject, or perhaps have some information that I could use? thanks.

Growing Experience...

Heather
    By Heather,
    I had an enlightening experience this past weekend that I want a few other viewpoints on. I was out shooting a short film in downtown Sacramento last weekend, where I found the Democratic convention across the street from where I was filming and found myself constantly being harrassed by various liberal groups (i.e. "Old Broads for Peace" picketers, among others who had stuck long PVC pipes down thier clothing mounted with banners). I turned my camera from the architecture on my side of

Sex In Altas Shrugged

Romantic Warrior
    By Romantic Warrior,
    If you haven't already read my introduction, please read it... but i'm still in the investigatory stage of my venture into objectivist thought, and am trying to grasp some of objectivism's ideas. I haven't finished the book, but I've read enough of Altas Shrugged to be completely baffled by Rand's depiction of sex and its meaning. Dagny Taggart sleeps with both Francisco d'Anconia and Hank Rearden in different stages of her life, and they are both somewhat different, yet inately the same. I

Informations Requested

want to know
    By want to know,
    I was triying to argue with someone about the pharmaceutical control of the governement but I realised that I neede more documentation to be credible. I know there is something about the fact the governement control was the cause of the raise of the price but I would have lke to know if there were other suggestion of readings I could do Thanks

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS