Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

An introduction

Tryptonique
    By Tryptonique,
    Hello, everyone. You might have seen me posting around these boards by now...so I figured an introduction was in order. Name: Evan School : University of Idaho Majors: Poly Sci, International Studies, Spanish Level = Sophomore and a half (after 2 semesters in college plus one semester of credit thanks to high school AP classes) Hobbies: going to rock concerts, hackey sack, writing (on occasion), a few personal goals: -To become proficient at Brazillian Ju-Jitsu a

Pro Choice = Pro Death Penalty?

Elle
    By Elle,
    I was just curious to see what you all are going to say, and how you will explain it so I hope once you vote you will post and let me know what you think but more importantly why.

Sick Republics

Gabriel
    By Gabriel,
    All "democracies" today are actually republics... citizens don't choose on particular issue, but rather they choose representatives to choose for them, every 4 years or so. Here in Romania, we have parliamentary, local and presidential elections comming up, and I'm sickened by the whoring of the candidates to each and every group or faction or power broker. The debate is free from any actual ideological content, being just about a random bunch of floating opinions on concrete issues:

Colin Powell and the Department of Appeasement

Kitty Hawk
    By Kitty Hawk,
    No wonder Democrats want Rumsfeld gone, and Powell in his place. That way America will be sold down the river in the blink of an eye. The State Department's negotiator with North Korea is trying to reward the North Korean's blackmail by resuming construction of the Clinton era Light Water Reactor deal. Here's the article: US Considers Reactor Deal with North Korea, and here is the relevant excerpt:

Colorado Governor Does a Naughty

AutoJC
    By AutoJC,
    Man, is this funny what the good guv' said! Proof politically correct is no fun!

first impression

meganfiala
    By meganfiala,
    WWWWWWWWWWWWell, My name is Megan, I live in Ottawa, Ontario, and I have been an objectivist for 2 years now. I'd just like to say that so far, I'm impressed with the rationality and logic that fills this site. There's a lot of b.s. on the net. Glad I found something worthwhile. I noticed that some people are senior members and others are juniors, etc. What are the qualifications??? Anyhow, hope to have some interesting conversations in the future, Megan

Bush's Shameful Assault Against Gay Marriage

AutoJC
    By AutoJC,
    George W. Bush has succeeded in taking Ronald Reagan's place as the faith-based demagogue of the Right. As you are all aware, his latest assault on individual rights is this constitutional amendment to ban gays from entering upon the legal entity of marriage. I Agree with Michale Hurd on criticizing this latest anti-individualist move And if that's not enough, Bush now wants to give our tax dollars in the form of government subsidies to "faith-based" (i.e. religious) programs; go

Dating

danielshrugged
    By danielshrugged,
    I have always had mixed feelings about dating and/or beginning romantic relationships generally. Is the purpose of dating or beginning a relationship to get to know someone better, even if you have doubts whether a relationship could go far? Or are relationships only for two people who already feel very close to one another? On the one hand, a relationship is something serious that demands seriousness from the people involved; on the other hand, it seems a relationship has to, in the beginning,

My Introduction

Rearden
    By Rearden,
    Hi everyone my name is Rearden [Real name is Ashley]. I live in Australia and I have been a student of Objectivism for 4 years [i luv it]. I have two degree in Commerce (majored in Accounting, Economics, Commerical Law), Computer Science (majored in Software Development) and I am doing my Masters in Information Technology. I actually introduced myself on the OPAR discussion forum a number of months ago but I just haven't had the time to contribute to that site yet! There is just not enough tim

Atlas Shrugged in Outer Space

AutoJC
    By AutoJC,
    Read about this latest aberration of science here I wonder if this would happen if the space program were privatized in its entirety.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS