Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Thoughts On Tractatus Logico Philosophicus?

buiq
    By buiq,
    Hello: I have just begun reading Tractatus Logico Philosophicus. Has aony read this and what is/are your thoughts on this book? Thanks Q

Association for Objective Law

CICEROSC
    By CICEROSC,
    Does anyone know if The Association for Objective Law is still an active organization? I see the link on the right at the home page of this forum, but it looks like the TAFOL site hasn't changed in years, and there's not much there. I am a lawyer and would like to network with other lawyers who like Ayn Rand. Also, I have been thinking of hiring an associate, and it would tell me a lot about a candidate if they knew of and appreciated Ayn Rand. I am aware of the Atlasphere (and even post

The bleak future

Tom Rexton
    By Tom Rexton,
    Over the next thirty years (beginning around 2005), the baby-boom generation will start retiring in huge numbers, the rate of which will not decrease until around 2035. At this time (2004), around 12% of the population is 65 yrs old or older; by 2035, that percentage will have risen to 21%. This will have been the most dramatic rise of in the senior (and retired) population in US history. To support them through the current social security system, we the current and future workers will be tax

Objectivism already?

iouswuoibev
    By iouswuoibev,
    Are there any countries, in our present time, that have an integrated laissez-faire government and full-strength capitalist economy? Are there any countries that come close to having this?

Fountainhead: The movie

TheCerebro
    By TheCerebro,
    I'm halfway through "The Fountainhead" and wondering if the movie was any good (no, I won't watch it untill I've finished the book)? I know Ayn Rand did the screenplay, but acting and directing can make a big difference? Also, was the movie based on "We the Living" good? Thanks for letting me know!

Who wants $25?

CIRCE
    By CIRCE,
    but I figure it's a win-win situation if anybody is interested! Here's the deal: I have a rockin' savings account. Bank at which said account is located pays out bonuses to both the person who refers new clients and the existing client who did the referring. Now if you post a reply with your email address, I'll refer you and we'll both get money. Is this against the forum rules? I'm not exactly selling anything.... *mentally crosses fingers*

OPEC Plays Fairly

y_feldblum
    By y_feldblum,
    (Reuters) A cartel is a collusion of businesses which exists for the sole purpose of raising prices. And it has the temerity to blame another entity for raising prices?

Theory of Gravity

always_learning
    By always_learning,
    Does anyone know a lot about the dark matter theory or the new gravity theory? Is there a good website that discusses this?

Yello, y'all

DavidOdden
    By DavidOdden,
    This isn't a substantive post: I just thought I'd give a try at saying hi (hey Don, Betsy, Stephen). I'm thinking of a permanent change of address where the signal to noise ratio is higher. Dave Odden

Interesting eBay auction...

RationalBiker
    By RationalBiker,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW What a lot of interesting material! This is NOT my auction if you are wondering, nor anyone I know. VES

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS