Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

North Korean aggression

Invictus
    By Invictus,
    The escalating crisis on the Korean peninsula is something I think we should all be considerably concerned about. As a consequence of the Clinton administrations rewarding of North Korean aggression with two Light Water Reactors and a steady fuel supply in 1994, Kim Jong Ill is confident enough to think that a resurrection of his aggressive polices will have no serious repercussions. Unfortunately he seems to be right. Instead of tailoring its policy towards the DPRK in the same guise as Iraq, t

Future Economy

cesegor
    By cesegor,
    Hello, My name is Carl Segor and I'd like to pose a question to the forum. First, I am pro-Objectivist, in that I maintain that reason and understanding reality are a requirement of Man (reference: http://orbits.00space.com & http://freedomsfyre.00books.com ). However, I am not an economist. Now to the question: What happens to producers in an economy that becomes so efficient that a small percent of the population is all that is necessary to provide all goods and services? He

History channel "modern marvels"

bnittoli
    By bnittoli,
    Anyone else watch this show? It is one of my favorites. It really takes a pro-progress and innovation attitude and covers just about everything from millitary hardware to ice cream factories. they typically start with the state of the art for the topic, then backtrack and show the history, moving up to present, then a short segment on future. I used to miss it since the showing is all over but Tivo put a stop to that.

New Chat Room

DavidV
    By DavidV,
    I have added a live chat room at www.objectivismonline.net/chat What do you think? Does anyone have recommendations for other chat software? I am currently working on organizing moderated discussions with prominent Objectivist philosophers. Expect some exciting announcements in the next few days!

Over-The Counter Medical Service

AutoJC
    By AutoJC,
    For many of us, this could be cheaper than health Insurance premiums As a die-hard capitalist, I applaud the re-establishment of "cash only" medical centers. I'll bet that in Galt's Gulch, this is how they'd have done this.

This is Just Too funny

AutoJC
    By AutoJC,
    Allahpundit Strikes again! They got their target on John Kerry. Funny stuff.

Celebrate Capitalism

Invictus
    By Invictus,
    According to this site the first Sunday of June every year is "Capitalism Day". I can't say I've ever heard of this before and I doubt it gets much attention. But for those that are interested go here.

When all material is owned....

Old Geezer
    By Old Geezer,
    Assuming the trend towards privatization of property continues, what will happen when all physical material is owned? If distribution of resources is not yet a reflection of merit by that time, will this mean that the status quo will remain? If man exists by applying his mind to his physical environment, what will happen when he has no access to a physical environment? (born without property)

Greetings From HooVille

schmittyUVA
    By schmittyUVA,
    My name is Aaron Schmidt and I am a third year English major at the University of Virginia. Since my junior year in high school, I have been pursuing the ideals of Objectivism and am glad to have found a refuge for truth and reason to share my thoughts and concerns. I look forward to hearing from you all and hope we'll engage in some enlightening converstation soon. Additionally, I am the Head Student Equipment Manager/Defensive Student Assistant for the UVA football team, and love discussi

Objectivist sympathizer here

Vernunft
    By Vernunft,
    Hello. I am twenty-two years old and I am an undergraduate pursuing a degree in philosophy. I'm not unsympathetic to many elements of objectivism, though I tend to view it with distaste when it is held dogmatically (an affliction all too common in my experience). I'm a Kantian, or something approaching it, in both epistemology and ethics. That's really all you need to know.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS