Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Trade vs. Force&Fraud

gabrielpm
    By gabrielpm,
    The basic requirements of survival and prosperity can be met via trade, force, fraud or a mixture of the 3. It is my understanding that the Objectivist stance is that trade `is optimal`, meaning that if trade were to be implemented, it would yeld best results (at an individual level, and secondarly at a group level, but as a side-effect). Another phrasing could be that `more a society relies on trade for its inner dealings, more it is prosperous`. Am I correct in this simple interpretat

Michael Huemer's Critique on Objectivism

Tryptonique
    By Tryptonique,
    http://www.lddebate.org/?go=essays&essay=heumer-rand I'm posing this and freely admitting that I am just getting into O-ism. I have only read A.S, The Fountainhead, The Anthem, and I am just getting started on OPAR and the Virtue of Selfishness. I was wondering what some responses to Huemer's attacks would be? Especially his assertion that ethics/etc are a priori? (based on the justification he gives) I hope I'm not posting something that has been posted a bunch of other

Atlas Shrugged

redfarmer
    By redfarmer,
    I wanted to share with everybody an experience I had the other day after reading a chapter in Atlas Shrugged. I was wondering: has anyone ever had an experience like this where everything they've ever known but refused to admit suddenly becam crystal clear? This is quoted from my online journal:

Greetings

rainoffire
    By rainoffire,
    Greetings everyone. I found this board via the Capitalism Forum. I live in the UK and run a web design business. I have been a student of Objectivism ever since I was introduced to Miss Rand through the author Terry Goodkind. Thank you for setting up this forum!

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS