Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Utilitarianism

freefrag
    By freefrag,
    How should I convince people that their life is their highest value, not "greatest happiness for the greatest number"?

Good Fiction: Recommendations

Kitty Hawk
    By Kitty Hawk,
    A thread for book recommendations always seems like a good idea to me, so I'll start one here. As someone who enjoys reading Romantic fiction, I'm always eager to learn of other people's discoveries, in the way of good novels. Ayn Rand recommended the mystery by Mabel Seeley called The Crying Sisters. AR wrote a screenplay for it, after having convinced Hal Wallis to buy the movie rights to the novel. Actually, it seemed only an average mystery novel to me. I've since read three othe

Hi from Australia :)

Zirjin
    By Zirjin,
    Hi, I am a 20 year old guy from Melbourne, Australia. Be shifting to the US within a year once I save enough money in my budget to make the move. Anyhow, I am a computer programmer and I own a small software development company that I started a few years ago. I got big plans for my life and for my company, hoping to give Bill Gates a little competition for a change. 21st century ain't meant to be too boring for him.

Doctors vs Your Health

BlackSabbath
    By BlackSabbath,
    Recently, I've noticed a trend with the medical profession, at least here in Britain, and I was wondering if it happens elsewhere. Whatever social problem there is, the medical profession recommends that the government solve it through tax, regulation and engineering. You get chased down the street by 3 Norwegians with a harpoon gun and the problem is not that you're a fat b******d who needs to get his act together. The problem is that the government needs to tax all the burger bars an

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS